VP, Infrastructure/Cloud Operations
Atlanta, GA 30305 US
As a key member of the IT leadership team, reporting directly into the Chief Information Officer (CIO), this position is responsible for creating and delivering industry leading Infrastructure Services to partner organizations and clients.
This crucial role is accountable, end-to-end, for engineering and operations for all Infrastructure / Data Center, and cloud services, including Active Directory, Windows, Linux, Storage, Backup, Monitoring, Middleware, Database, IT Risk & Controls, and Voice / Data Networks teams.
This leader will partner with Strategy & Architecture, Client Delivery Management, End User Services and product colleagues to develop and implement policies, processes, tools, training, and knowledge systems required to meet IT service excellence objectives. You will be accountable for defining KPIs and creating consumable metrics reporting, identifying trends, driving stability and improvement programs, performing root cause analyses and working across the entire firm to deliver a best-in-class experience.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as VP, Global Cloud Operations will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage functional teams of over 150 staff providing infrastructure and cloud services. Support is currently organized across Active Directory / Windows, Unix / Storage / Backup, Middleware / Database / Risk & Controls, Voice / Data Networks and Monitoring
• Deliver commercial-grade, state of the art Infrastructure and cloud Services. Proactively monitor performance, functionality, and usability to ensure industry-class service.
• Define strategy while partnering with the Strategy & Architecture organization to develop and implement transformation projects to drive cost efficiencies and increased automation across all technical disciplines, including Data Center Rationalization, Migration to the Cloud, Platform standardization, Network modernization, Service provisioning automation, Configuration Management, SD-WAN implementation, Zero trust, improved observability etc.
• Partner closely with the firm’s CISO organization to drive improved security controls across the firm.
• Provide thought leadership in creation of the IT Risk and Controls agenda – drive increased risk focus across all Infrastructure disciplines. Provide governance and oversight ensuring audit and regulatory compliance.
• Drive efficiency from the corporate IT budget, working closely with the IT Business Management function and the Finance Business Partner(s).
• Minimum 15 years’ experience managing large scale infrastructure organizations in a 24x7 mission-critical enterprise environment.
• Detailed proficiency of core Infrastructure technologies, particularly Operating Systems, Networking and Database.
• Expertise in current industry trends, including Agile, SRE, DevOps, Cloud technologies, Security etc.
• Must have strong proficiency and demonstratable experience in driving transformational change in large organizations, driving automation, cost efficiencies and risk reduction.
• Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively at all layers of the organization – from C-Suite to hands-on technical personnel. Must be able to build consensus amongst partner orgs, influence teams, etc.
• Must possess strong customer service orientation & the ability to lead and motivate teams in a dynamic, fast-paced, global environment.
• Strong working knowledge of global financial services regulatory requirements and experience interfacing with regulatory agencies.