COlumbus, OH 43228 US
o Ammonia Refrigeration o Air Compression o Boilers
The Utility Supervisor will direct the maintenance and repair of these plant utilities; Ammonia Refrigeration equipment, Boilers and Air Compressor system. This position is responsible for focus on technical and operational activities that align and implement reliability practices and programs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Supervises, coordinates, and monitors plant activities by maintaining equipment and performing related duties to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient operation of boilers, uninterrupted supply of steam, compressed air, and anhydrous ammonia refrigeration system.
- Analyzes operational data and reconfigures operating units as necessary to provide adequate, economical service.
- Uses a computer to create, compose, and edit technical and/or administrative correspondence, reports, operating procedures and documentation.
- Plans, schedules, and monitors all work being performed by contractors and physical plant employees within area of responsibility.
- Oversees the overall safety of any personnel working at or visiting plant
- Supports and assists maintenance personnel in achieving timely and efficient maintenance schedules; provides opportunities for training on routine prevention maintenance activities.
- Investigates abnormal operating events or equipment failures to determine cause; makes adjustments, repairs, and/or modifications as needed.
- Organizes and maintains an inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Ensures proper documentation of operations activities in logs and/or incident reports.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to discern colors for reading of color-coded plan instrumentation.
- Knowledge of installing, repairing, and replacing equipment.
- Knowledge of high temperature/pressure equipment and systems, including rotating equipment, welding, and gas and steam turbine generators.
- Knowledge of inspecting, cleaning, and adjusting utility plant equipment.
- Knowledge of pressure testing on piping and pressure vessels.
- Ability to perform inspections and make necessary adjustments to conform to job specifications.
- Ability to interpret utility plant operational data and make service decisions.? Knowledge of General Maintenance and Agriculture Mechanics
- Knowledge of Food Production Process & Systems
- Skill in Mathematics
Ammonia Refrigeration Certification
At least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Proper training and knowledge of equipment maintenance procedures and processes.
Ensure that Shift(s) objectives are achieved while reliably supplying quality product consistent with our Company's Regulatory Agency (USDA), and State and Local code requirements for quality, good manufacturing practices (GMP), finances, labor, employee, environment and safety.
Tactical and strategic Shift(s) management, including collaboration with indirect staff;
Promote the behaviors and principles that drive occupational and food safety.
Compliance - Responsible for creating and sustaining a culture that ensures that compliance (Safety, Environment, cGMP, etc.) are imperatives for the business. Responsible for establishing a Right First Time culture by reducing waste and constantly driving continuous improvement. Responsible to review and approve compliance documents, as per procedures or need.
Supply – Support Shift(s) change meetings. Exercise judgment and decision making to ensure quality product is reliably produced while managing cost.
People Management – Responsible for creating and sustaining a highly engaged workforce through utilization of our Company's Leadership Behaviors and Inclusion. Provide coaching, timely feedback and performance evaluations after obtaining the relevant input and evaluation.