Sr Product Specialist
2755 Northwoods Parkway Norcross, GA 30071 US
- Understand and be able to explain the functional capabilities of the ADMS solutions, including the features, their benefits and value to the customer.
- Present the differential value of company’s ADMS vs competitors’ solutions to existing and potential customers.
- Maintain updated and functional technical demonstration environments, including demonstration scripts, workflows, and documentation as needed.
- Promote our ADMS products through direct engagement with clients, prospects and through partners.
- Perform product demonstrations for clients through virtual meetings, on-site meetings and trade show environments.
- Lead and/or participate in customer technical engagements to facilitate sales, including workshops, scope review sessions and proposal presentations.
- Coordinate with the sales team and product/solution owners on technical responses to RFx, ensuring that the requirements are correctly identified and capabilities and commitments are clearly stated, and the appropriate solutions are proposed to meet customer objectives.
- Contribute to the product evolution and roadmap by identifying new solutions and product features based on customer engagement and feedback and by staying up to date with general market direction and technology trends.
- Participate and represent in the industry workgroups through various associations (IEEE, EEI, NRECA, APPA, etc.) to help define market direction and guidance for product innovation.
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, IT/Computer Science or similar engineering/technical field from an accredited college or university
- At least five (5) years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Distribution utility operations or engineering support
- Deployment, commissioning or testing experience with utility SCADA, DMS and/or OMS
- Technical presales in the utility industry, preferably with grid operations/automation solutions
- Solid understanding of the electric utility industry and power grid operations.
- Technical knowledge of related Information Technology – including networking, cybersecurity, hardware/OS, cloud computing and virtualization.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and learn new concepts quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including customer-facing communication and presentation ability with the ability to clearly and effectively present technical information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with the MS Office software suite.
- Ability to travel domestically and some internationally (10-15%)