3715 Northside Parkway NW Suite 4-600 Atlanta, GA 30327 US
• Work directly with Director and Construction Manager responsible for each asset to:
o Update budgets monthly as the asset progresses through the different stages of completion (under construction, lease-up, stabilized operations, etc.).
o Ensure all transactions are accounted for properly and in accordance with the operating agreement (acquisitions, dispositions, loan extensions and closings, etc).
o Better understand the business aspects of the projects for analytical and cash flow purposes.
• Interact directly with lenders and equity partners:
o In the preparation of draw requests and capital calls to ensure timely funding.
o To prepare monthly excess cash flow calculations as needed.
• Understand project capitalization and waterfall structure.
• Read and understand all project loan documents and operating agreements .
• Prepare monthly financial statements, bank reconciliations and supporting schedules for all entities in ownership structure of each project.
• Handle cash management for each project’s development and construction entities.
• Provide guidance to in-house property management company and ensure their compliance with accounting policies.
• Submit required external financial reporting to lenders and equity partners.
• Work with external auditors to complete required financial statement audits, reviews, and agreed upon procedures.
• Prepare tax workpapers and review tax return drafts.
• File personal property tax returns for the first year of operations at each project.
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with Company policies and procedures
Other projects as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelors or Masters degree in accounting
• CPA license required, or all 4 parts of the CPA exam passed
• 1-3 years work experience, including 1+ years public accounting experience
• Real estate industry experience preferred
• Highly organized in work with the ability to manage information and prioritize tasks to meet assigned deadlines
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills