Security Engineer, Level III
4813 Emporer Blvd Suite 200 Durham, NC 27703 US
This individual will be responsible for providing tier III support for a Managed Service Security Provider (MSSP). The successful candidate will be an integral member of the security engineering team and will need to be fully cognizant of state-of-the-art network, firewall, and other security technologies, products and solutions as well as industry best practice with regard to the design, implementation and deployment of next generations security devices.
This individual should have hands-on experience configuring, installing and managing Fortigate, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, SonicWall or Blue Coat security devices. This person must be able to communicate, and document instructions effectively with Tier 1 and 2 support teams. Excellent customer service skills and written communication are required.
This position is located in Durham, NC.
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree preferably in Computer Engineering/Networking, international equivalent, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing, implementing and deploying next generation firewalls based on Information Security Best Practices
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Minimum of 7 years experience in networking, troubleshooting, and analysis tools
- Expert understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP, access-control lists, VLANs, VPNs, firewalls, and dynamic routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
- Evaluates and recommends solutions for highly complex security systems according to industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases
- Excellent communication skills and experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- On-call Duties
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 1-3 times a quarter. Can be both domestic and global travel.
- Vender Certification, preferably Fortinet/Cisco/Blue Coat
- Security Certifications: CCNA, CCNP-Security
- The ability to define security requirements and subsequently reviews complex systems to determine if they have been designed to comply with established standards
- The ability to conduct research and inform management of appropriate developments in firewall, IDPS, WCF, DLP, Application Control and VPN and secure networking technologies and products
A competitive package consisting of a base salary, and full company benefits
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes - often collecting and analyzing huge volumes of data. We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA