Regional Sales Director
2755 Northwoods Parkway Norcross, GA 30071 US
This company is one of the leading global technology and consulting companies and the technological partner for core business operations of its customers world-wide. We are a world-leader in providing proprietary solutions in specific segments in Transport and Energy markets, and the leading firm in Digital Transformation Consultancy and Information Technologies in Spain, Latin America, and the United States through.
This company is seeking a highly motivated sales professional to help drive growth across the Western region. The Regional Sales Lead/Director is responsible for growing the company. The footprint within the defined geography at existing customers and prospects. The ideal candidate will possess strong sales and interpersonal skills with a deep understanding of the US utility market and the current market drivers. The successful candidate will proactively engage with existing customers and prospects to build a sustainable pipeline and grow bookings of the Utilities solution set. The Utilities is a comprehensive OT/IT solution offering which includes ADMS, Smart Metering, Customer Information Systems, DER Integration, Advanced Data Analytics, a flexible iIoT platform as well as substation RTU’s.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes the regional business plan to exceed sales objectives.
- Aggressively grows a qualified pipeline of opportunities.
- Effectively manages the pipeline and forecast for the region on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Builds long term relationships with key stakeholders (customers, prospects, and partners).
- Identifies new opportunities and leads customer engagement to securing the order.
- Drives campaigns to increase awareness and promote thought leadership across the region.
- Supports RFP and proposal responses by coordinating across various internal and external partners.
- Gathers and communicates organization market requirements, competitive analysis, and customer expectations to internal stakeholders.
- Supports the transition of secured contracts to project delivery team.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university
- A four to seven years direct sales experience in the energy industry with a focus selling OT/IT software solutions, such as ADMS, Metering Systems, Data Analytics etc. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted.
- Experience with Operational Technology (OT) and Information Technology (IT) solutions with an understanding of the value of different delivery models, i.e., on-premise, virtualization, cloud.
- Ability to identify and build relationships with key stakeholders across all levels of the utility.
- A solid understanding and knowledge of the business processes of a utility (electricity, water and gas) and the systems that run those processes.
- Ability to develop and lead deal strategies for complex sales; be the quarterback to drive the deal to close.
- A detailed understanding of different commercial models for software solutions, i.e. perpetual, subscription etc. and how to position with a customer
- Experience working with partners and third-party rep agencies to drive new business within the region.
- This is a remote position, with the successful candidate working from their home-base within the western United States.