IT Systems Engineer IV
Lorton, VA 22079 US
The Systems Engineer IV is responsible for leading systems engineering activities and processes to include: Requirements elicitation and analysis, leading system design activities and reviews, developing technical specifications, driving adherence to the Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies and processes.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM discipline with ten (10) years of relevant experience OR Master’s degree in Engineering with eight (8) years of relevant experience OR must have a Ph.D. in Engineering with five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Experience with system integration and testing.
- Direct experience with leading systems engineering of complex integrated programs/systems.
- Experience leading technical and functional teams.
- Experience in systems engineering functions, including operations concept development, requirements management, technical risk management, and interface definition and control.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and DevOps.
- Current active Secret clearance.
- Experience managing complex projects using the Atlassian suite of SDLC tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.).
- Proficient in project scheduling and using scheduling tools such as MS Project.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with software development languages, including C, C++, Java, HTML5, or Python.
- Experience with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
- Experience in the architecture development of software-centric systems.
- Experience with Identity management systems and design.
- Experience with configuration management and software configuration management.
- Knowledge of Smart Card Technology and related hardware/software.
- Possess an industry certification in Agile or Scaled Agile Framework.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance.
Travel by car, rail, and/or air may be required domestically and internationally.