IT Systems Administrator III
Lorton, VA 22079 US
The System Software Administrator III (Mid) may develop, implement, deploy, test, and maintain system software and operating system components as part of an infrastructure. The position may establish and implement standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters. This individual install, troubleshoots, and/or resolves functional, software, operating system, and networking problems. Level III is competent in the subject matter and concepts associated with the suite of software products and may lead individuals assisting in the work.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in related support roles.
- PKI knowledge and experience.
- Experience with WebLogic.
- Advanced knowledge of networked environments, operating systems (Windows, Linux), PC, and network hardware.
- Knowledge of cryptographic functions and equipment is a plus.
- Must possess Security+ or CISSP certification.
- Must be willing to provide “on-call” after-hour support and off-hour/weekend implementation and recovery support.
- Willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced support role.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be dependable, outgoing, and positive with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on the specified contract(s).
- Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings, as appropriate.
- DoD Top Secret security clearance.
- Must have U.S. Citizenship as required per government contract.
Systems Software Administration
- Install, configure, and maintain, with the assistance and approval of IT Management and Operations personnel, 3rd party vendor software products on systems to include PCs, RHEL servers, and Solaris servers, and be able to maintain these products as members of a suite of software products.
- Know and understand the operation of these vendor products to be able to provide troubleshooting support and to be able to advise Operations Management on the maintenance and upgrade tasks necessary to support these components.
- Conduct system component patching as necessary to remediate security vulnerabilities. Patching may include Oracle WebLogic server patching, Java JRE patching, etc.
- Know and understand Public Key Infrastructure concepts and practices suitable to maintain certificates, key stores, and cryptographic components, such as Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) and their security worlds.
- Perform inter-group coordination activities as necessary to accomplish team objectives. Activities may include opening/creating service requests, change requests, JIRA tickets, and assorted other request forms to obtain necessary support from other teams.
- Assist in the planning of system upgrades and enhancements as necessary to accomplish customer objectives.
- Conduct user training on approved software and hardware on an as-required basis.
- Incident response and client response coordination for hardware and other IT Operations related failures.
- Contribute to continual service improvement by assisting with Standard Operations Procedures creation, maintenance, and compliance.
- Perform routine IT system administration, including health checks and supporting incident resolution.
- Perform asset inventories by identifying and labeling IT equipment according to documented standards and update inventory control systems as required.
- Ensure deliverables to internal customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time, and deliver valued outcomes.
- On occasion, be the primary/backup resource to perform off-hours maintenance, deployments, and system troubleshooting/recovery for system releases and/or provide 24/7 support to maintain service availability or meet customer SLAs.
- Provide ownership of problems from any administrator, follow the path of escalated contacts to ensure the problems are resolved in timely, and effective ways to the satisfaction of the administrator.
- Evaluate and perform root-cause analysis on escalated issues.
- Create documentation to assist other departments with further analysis of technical issues.
- Create Knowledge Base Documents to assist Level 1 in resolving repetitive issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.