Lorton, VA 22079 US
IT Architect IV provides information technology expertise required to facilitate the analysis, design, development, administration, database, testing, operations, system and user support for complex systems and applications. Participates in all phases of systems development and provides leadership, facilitation, analysis, and design input for the development and maintenance of application systems architecture.
- Degree required: Bahelor’s degree. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 12 or more years of hands-on experience in enterprise IT architecture.
- Experience with J2EE development; PL/SQL; Web Services; MVC framework experience like STRUTS, SPRING MVC, JSF; SQL experience on Oracle or other relational database; JUnit or other unit testing frameworks such as TestNG, JMock, or DBUnit; J2EE/Java performance testing and tuning experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems including knowledge of data modeling concepts, ERD design and development. Extensive experience working with Oracle databases.
- Strong experience in developing enterprise Java solutions following standard/best practices including SDLC, OOAD and design patterns.
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of batch applications.
- Good understanding and working knowledge on Software Development methodologies (Waterfall, RUP, AGILE/SCRUM).
- Proven experience building Java-based solutions for highly available and scalable systems.
- Demonstrated analytical and Problem Solving skills.
- Experience with Maven or other build tool such as Ant.
- Experience with Subversion (SVN) or other source code control system.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
Some travel may be required, up to 10% of the time. The travel may be local or national and may be by car, rail, or air.