VP, Human Resources
Williamsburg, FL 23,185
VIce President, HR
about the role
This company is seeking a dynamic and experienced HR executive to direct, support and execute all people-related functions. The ideal candidate will be someone who is comfortable, compatible, and influential with all employees from entry through the executive levels of our parks. We need someone who is as comfortable and experienced with rolling up his/her sleeves and working on tactical challenges as s/he is with HR strategy development and execution. In addition to a master of all HR disciplines, we need someone who is particularly adept at high-volume sourcing/hiring for our part time and seasonal positions. Our Vice President of Human Resources is also an advocate for and teacher of our Company culture and values, so we need someone who is positive and has a passion for excellence, service, and safety.
The Vice President, Human Resources directs all people-related functions which include executing Human Resources strategies that solidly position our people as the path to the company’ s future.
The responsibilities for the Vice President of Human Resources will include, but are not limited to:
- With a view fixed firmly on the future, leads all people-related initiatives and functions.
- Shepherds park culture and workplace climate, ensuring that all levels of employee have the opportunity to work in a productive, engaging, and motivating environment.
- Oversees all people-related functions, ensuring effectiveness, sound practices, efficiency, compliance, and satisfaction of business needs.
- Collaborates with Human Resources subject matter experts and other leaders on the design and development of employee-related programs, policies, and compensation practices. Executes strategic, operational and tactical plans.
- Oversees employee relations, including conflict resolution and the use of an alternative dispute resolution program. Drive initiatives that promote a positive working environment today and tomorrow.
- Develops annual financial and capital budgets for the department and assists in the development and management of overall labor budget and management.
- Identifies internal and external trends which could impact workplace. Manages as appropriate, ensuring proper resources are positioned and utilized.
- Provides support to Human Resources team and operational leadership on HR related matters.
- Ensures compliance with company and legal guidelines, and adherence to ethical and social principles espoused by the company.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten years’ progressive experience focusing in human resources, preferably in a service industry setting. Other relevant experiences include:
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful leadership of a large team, including other leaders.
- Thought leader with a high level of intellectual curiosity; an agent of change.
- Strong leadership demeanor. Inspires confidence and gains credibility quickly, possessing the fortitude to address challenging situations.
- Influential among peers, corporate leadership, and diverse employee groups.
- Demonstrated success in establishing strategic direction and driving results.
- Ability to make sophisticated decisions in complex, high-exposure circumstances.
- Proven experience with high volume hiring.
- Proven problem solving and conflict resolution skills, including successful track record of resolving conflicts filed through external agencies as well as internal dispute programs.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Capable of managing competing priorities under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop and manage to budget of considerable size and complexity.
- Proficient in Human Resources labor metrics and analytics.
- Understanding of Human Resources compliance, legal, and regulatory issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Confident and outgoing presence, with the ability to adjust style to audience.
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary to support our theme park business objectives.
Bachelor' s Degree required with focus in human resources, organizational development, hospitality and/or related field preferred.
Senior human resources certification preferred.