VP, Revenue and IS Operations
Centennial, Colorado 80112
Provides high-level oversight for all financial activities of the company by combining financial leadership with proven business effectiveness. As a key member of finance leadership team, this position is responsible for the overall financial management and financial integrity of the company which includes strategic financial planning, budget analysis and management, financial modeling and reporting, cost management, forecasting needs, revenue and billing operations, offer management, and business intelligence oversight. This position monitors and evaluates the companies financial performance and recommends appropriate fiscal measures for achieving financial objectives and supporting growth.
- Serves as financial executive and provides guidance to senior leadership regarding current and future financial considerations, participates in short and long term strategic planning sessions and collaborates on developing and enhancing financial processes and systems
- Partners with CFO and senior leaders on operational and strategic issues and provides recommendations based on financial analysis and projections, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Provides financial discipline and business decision support to evaluate strategic business opportunities (Initiatives, Business Cases, Long Range Plans).
- Leads effort to proactively identify investment, continuous improvement and cost optimization opportunities across Comcast.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to ensure appropriate allocation of resources and effective execution of business and financial decisions.
- Oversees management of financial resources to ensure achievement of organizational goals.
- Participates in developing new growth opportunities by assisting CFO and other senior leaders in identifying funding opportunities.
- Participates in the drafting of prospective budgets, cost effectiveness and ROI.
- Oversees budgetary planning and cost management. Ensures use of effective budget reporting and feedback mechanisms that drive operational efficiency.
- Leads financial planning and analysis efforts.
- Directs development of internal systems and processes to forecast organizations needs and report on financial results, and implementation of financial best practices.
- Effectively manages the areas of Financial Planning, Revenue and Billing operations, Offer Management, and Business Intelligence, including hiring, evaluation and development of staff.
- Oversees preparation and review of monthly operating financial statements, forecasts, monthly variance analysis, external financial statements, and budget data.
- Analyzes all aspects of financial performance and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Establishes and maintains positive communications and relationships with shareholders and Security Analysts in providing appropriate financial information.
- Oversees all general accounting functions (e.g. payable, general ledger, payroll, etc.) and assures adherence to generally accepted accounting practices.
- Reviews financial statements to ensure accuracy and integrity.
- Provides motivation, direction, and leadership for Finance team and adheres to the policies and standards of the Company.
- Oversees performance of the Finance team and makes changes and modifications to ensure efficient workflow performance.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’ s Degree or Equivalent
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- Generally requires 15+ years related experience
The following key competencies are critical to this role:
- Strategic Thinking: Collaborates with senior executives to develop long-range financial goals; monitors on-going performance against these objectives; identifies potential problems and initiates appropriate corrective actions to maximize results.
- Proactivity/Bias for Action: Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company. Leads with a results-oriented mindset to meet deadlines.
- Continuous Improvement: Continually focused on improving processes to do more with existing resources to enable team to be more effective through improved efficiency.
- Drive: Models a determined focus and will to succeed that is contagious; handles adversity well, recovers quickly, and sustains drive over the long haul. Creates a dynamic culture of high expectations, high performance standards and achievement. Sets the expectation that leaders will act swiftly to address issues and opportunities facing our employees and customers.
- Critical Thinking: Analyzes complex problems fully and objectively before acting; able to draw logical conclusions from available data; gets at the root cause of issues. Thinks systematically; understands and works through complexity; considers competing issues, benefits, and risks; recognizes connections between issues that aren' t obviously related. Balances decisiveness with patience; navigates ambiguity; recognizes personal biases and assumptions; makes well-reasoned decisions.
- Approach: Possesses a collaborative, non-threatening, and positive disposition. Willing to change course quickly to gain a desired result. Exhibits flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed. Is not easily discouraged. Strives to exceed expectations and ' over deliver' on commitments and deliverables.
- Positive Attitude: Communicates optimistically and enthusiastically about business opportunities and our future while acknowledging challenges and avoiding wishful thinking. Boldly tackles complex issues; helps others envision what can be; makes tough or unpopular decisions in a timely way and ensures others do as well. Models steadiness, focus and calm under pressure; strikes a balance between healthy self-confidence and appropriate humility.
- Trust & Respect: Demonstrates, promotes and reinforces an uncompromising commitment to high standards of ethical behavior and winning the right way. Inspires trust by sharing information appropriately, taking a clear stand on important issues, and following through on commitments; deals with others in an open, honest manner; extends trust to others. Treats others fairly and with respect for their talents and differences; assumes positive intent; puts systems, policies and procedures in place to ensure fairness in employee relations and business dealings.
- Open Communication: Conveys a compelling picture of the organization' s future that engages and energizes employees at all levels. Consistently seeks to engage, excite, and influence a broad range of stakeholders about Comcast' s future direction, strategies, and decisions by connecting it to ' what' s in it for them;' values input, is eager to understand, and can be influenced by others. Seeks input and involves others in decisions that affect them; effectively delegates and drives decisions downward.
- Collaboration/Team-Oriented: Promotes the importance of collaboration within and across our business to create, capture, share and maximize value. Interacts effectively with others; is considerate and approachable; values, respects, and welcomes differences and others' perspectives; is mindful of own authority and personal impact. Is not afraid to surface and address conflict directly; acts as a barrier buster where necessary. Understands that input from different part of the business is critical to hear and synthesize. Able to listen, build trust/consensus (across sometimes disparate teams), and then act. Able to navigate a large employee organization and be senior liaison with various groups (HQ, regions, functional partners, etc.).