1850 Parkway Place Marietta, GA 30067
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIEs
The Tax Manager is primarily responsible for managing all U.S. tax functions related to the corporate books.
• Reviewing and preparing tax work papers, and overhead budget for the Tax Department on a quarterly basis.
• Working with external auditors in establishing tax provision timelines, work plans and deliverables'.
• Preparing estimated tax payments/extension tax payments for all corporate and partnership entities.
• Responsible for quarterly tax provisions.
• Overseeing preparation and filing of all income tax returns and Gross Sales Tax, and the maintenance of all tax records and files.
• Investigating and responding to all tax notices.
• Reviewing fixed assets for all corporate and regional offices - Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E), Computers, Leasehold Improvement (LHI).
• Assisting accountants with the real estate fixed assets in Yardi.
• Reviewing tax depreciation for all real estate assets.
• Communicating with accountants, finance and investment teams as needed.
• Researching, analyzing and communicating conclusions regarding complex tax accounting matters.
• Coordinating and managing compliance with US REIT regulations.
• Interfacing with legal counsel on tax and corporate governance related activities.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’ s manager at any time based upon Company need.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited university.
• 7-10 years of accounting and tax experience in a corporate environment.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Real estate industry experience, multi- or single-family rental.
• Active CPA License.
• Primarily working indoors, office environment.
• May sit for several hours at a time.
• Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
• Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
• Accounting — Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, and the reporting of financial data.
• Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, and government regulations related to taxes and accounting.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Computer Software – Using Microsoft Excel functions such as vlookups, pivot tables, and graphs.
• Communication — Talking to others to convey information effectively and asking questions to understand points being made by others.
• Relationship Building — Understanding the actions and motivations of others to find common ground and foster professional relationships.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Time Management — Managing one' s own time and the time of others.