Systems Support Engineer
Fair Field, Connecticut 08625
As a member of the Tier III organization, the Support Engineer will be responsible for assisting and supporting the organization on all products and services.
- Must be able to work in a professional Engineering environment.
- Assist Tier I & II Operations with technical issues raised through installation and/or maintenance.
- Interface with clients and review status of technical issues under investigation.
- Analyze problems raised in the field which require design changes.
- Triage new concerns raised in a timely manor
- Ensure that all relevant information has been collected and correlated and analyze this data where applicable
- When possible, reproduce the fault in the lab and establish protocols for active monitoring of troubled sites.
- Present results to development team so that changes can be implemented to resolve the concern.
- Create Subject Matter Expert documentation and work with Technical Publications on new material.
- Promote new methodologies for troubleshooting which can be used by Tier I & II.
- Support Sales/Marketing with special applications to meet customer requirements.
- Work with Product Management & Product Development through the different stages of product definition and design.
- Support and coordinate Alpha and Beta releases
- Keep eTAC Data Center organized, and fully functional with the product line.
- Willing to travel on short notice.
- On call duties on weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Five years experience in a technical call center environment
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred, Associates degree required.
- Red Hat Linux System Administrator certification preferred( RHCT)
- Background in Sequel server or MySQL. Certification desired
- VMWare expertise preferred.
- Cisco CCNP or CCNA certification preferred
- Demonstrate expertise in performing duties and responsibilities identified above.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in remote support of applications and embedded devices through secure remote VPN solution.
- Familiarity with Systems Development Life Cycle and deploying applications
- Well-organized individual able to self prioritize in a multi-tasking environment.
- Team player and able to work effectively in a group environment.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting Applications and embedded products.
Candidate strengths would preferably include:
o SIP analysis (end to end)
o Packet analysis via wireshark or other tools
o Understanding of QoS, policy maps, ACLs
o packet analysis via wireshark or other tools
o configuration, administration, troubleshooting
o Comfort in log analysis and low level triage
o Boolean search language
o regular expression creation
o creation of dashboards using html, xml
· VMWare (vcenter, vsphere, p2v, vmotion, etc)
· Strength in learning new technologies