1850 Parkway Place, Suite 900 Marietta, GA 30067
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The General Ledger Senior Accountant will specialize in completing accounting transactions for Property Operations activities. This role will leverage generally accepted accounting principles to record property operation transactions related to taxes, insurance, fees and accruals. They will ensure all activities are properly reflected in the company’ s general ledger and communicate with field markets to ensure the accuracy of accounting activities. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to junior level staff accountants as they complete routine accounting activities.
• Specialize in learning and understanding the accounting activities for Property Operations.
• Complete routine accounting activities such as preparing, reviewing, record and adjusting journal entries.
• Provide guidance and assistance to staff accountants in completing routine accounting. Assist with mentoring and coaching junior level staff accountants.
• Record property operation transactions such as taxes, insurance, fees, and accruals.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts, including inter-company transactions.
• Resolve accounting discrepancies.
• Assist in timely preparation for month-end close by providing financial schedules and analysis.
• Review Accounts Payable activities and make adjustments when necessary.
• Communicate updates and requests to field markets and corporate office leaders.
• Lead and assist with special projects when assigned.
• Serve as a backup to other Accounting teams when needed.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties.
Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’ s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Primarily working indoors, office environment.
• May sit for several hours at a time.
• Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
• Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience and/or education
• Minimum 3 years’ experience of overall accounting, in an accrual basis environment
• Knowledgeable of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), must be comfortable using
vlookups and pivot tables