Sr Applications Support Position
230 Peachtree St., NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
SUMMARY: A national employment law firm seeks a Senior Applications Specialist to be located either in its Atlanta or Los Angeles office. The Senior Applications Support will work with customers from all groups and departments. Will work with members of the IT department, and firm personnel. Will investigate and coordinate the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Assist with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Prepared and maintain operational documentation for system software. Advise on the correct and effective use of system software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses and analyses release components. Provides input to scheduling. Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained;
- Contributes to the availability management process. Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability, and serviceability. Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels. Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures. Conducts testing of recovery procedures;
- Develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change. Applies change control procedures;
- Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for applications support. Manages application enhancements to improve business performance. Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures;
- Ensures system configuration information is complete, current and accurate;
- Ensures that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures. Ensures that documentation of the supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support. Creates and maintains support documentation;
- Carries out agreed upon system software maintenance tasks;
- Liaises with third-party support services;
- Maintains and updates Knowledge Base articles and system documentation whenever required particularly during/after system updates;
- Maintains own knowledge of specific technical expertise provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialized tasks. The specialist can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area;
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Applies techniques to modify demand for a resource or service;
- Receives and handles requests for support following agreed procedures. Responds to requests for support by providing information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant parties;
- Undertakes routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software. Reviews system software updates and identifies those that merit action. Tailors system software to maximize hardware functionality. Installs and tests new versions of system software. Documents details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated;
- Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- In-depth experience supporting iManage Document Management Systems or equivalent (such as Netdocuments, Microsoft SharePoint);
- Experience supporting IDOL Search or equivalent;
- Awareness of database technologies such as SQL;
- Proficiency in writing custom PowerShell scripting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES DESIRED
- Experience supporting CRM systems such as Thomson Reuters Connect, Microsoft Dynamics;
- Experience supporting Office 365 APIs;
- Experience supporting Office Integrations and Customizations;
- Experience supporting Enterprise File Sync. and Share e.g. OneDrive, NetDocs etc;
- Exposure to Workflow applications;
- Exposure to Content Management Systems e.g. IManage;
- Exposure to legal industry specific technologies and tools;
- Experience developing in.NET and/or Java.
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience
- A BS in the Information Technology or a related field highly desirable, but not required.
- Microsoft, CompTIA, Citrix, VMware, Cisco, and other industry recognized credentials or certifications highly desirable, but not required.
- Experience working with legal industry applications on the enterprise administration side, such as iManage or Elite highly desirable, but not required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Ability to sit at workstation for long periods of time completing testing, documentation, or other assignments.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.