Sr Accounting Analyst
1550 Terrell Mill Road, Apt. 19 Marietta, GA 30067
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Financial Reporting Senior Analyst will analyze, research and prepare financial information to support monthly and quarterly reporting requirements. This role will assist in transforming current reporting mechanisms by assisting with the roll out of an automated reporting system and provide recommendations on creating value added reports.
- Examine, analyze and prepare accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports. Identify discrepancies in reporting, resolve or escalate issues when necessary.
- Ensure reporting is accurate and adheres to state and federal standards.
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Finance, Accounting and Property Operations to assist with reporting needs. Ensure that reporting is user friendly and allows for valuable action-oriented decision making.
- Assist with the rollout of Yardi modules that will be introduced to allow for proper financial reporting from the accounting system.
- Enhance monthly and quarterly financial reports for executive leaders, board members, investors, and banks.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly variance analyses and reporting to internal management teams and external debt and investor users.
- Assist external auditors during annual audits with the completion of audit schedules, working papers, and additional documentation.
- Lead special projects as assigned by the Director of Financial Reporting.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’ s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience and/or education
- Minimum 5 years of Accounting or Finance experience, with a focus on reporting and analyzing financial data
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- Experience with assisting in providing reporting to external auditors as part of year-end and quarterly audit procedures
- Experience working with multiple databases to pull, analyze and report financial and accounting data
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or working towards a CPA license a plus
- Experience using Yardi or similar property management program
- Experience working in property management, real estate or similar industry
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Economics and Accounting?— Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management — Managing one' s own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.