Sales Engineer MPLS Solutions
Seattle, Washington 98101
Network Solutions Consultant – Managed Network Services
**Must be in Seattle - WFH Position**
Key accountabilities and ownership:
- Work with customers to uncover and create leading edge global solution designs, architectures and commercial propositions that solve business problems for global enterprise customers
- Work closely with Global Account Managers to plan and formulate target account sales and solution strategies.
- Help the team achieve assigned sales targets based on contract value and revenues for managed network services.
- Support RFI / RFP / RFQ requirements from target accounts.
- Provide sales support activities as required to win opportunities including creating and presenting C-level and below presentations to targeted accounts
- Leverage new technologies and partnerships with companies like Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, Riverbed and others to create innovative client proposals/solutions.
- As needed conduct VGE product demonstrations and answer/resolve technical questions from customers.
- Create and deliver unsolicited proactive proposals in conjunction with other team members.
- Provide market feedback product teams to enhance portfolio offerings
- Identify and develop new opportunities for services with targeted accounts
- To engage at appropriate levels within the customer organization and understand:
- Business Unit drivers, IT strategies and operating plans
- Current technology and services architectures
- Client strategies and objectives
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Experience creating leading edge global networking solutions
- Capable of leading technical white boarding and workshop oriented discussions with prospective clients
- Proven ability to lead and work in virtual teams and distributed environments encompassing individuals of multiple disciplines, cultures and companies
- Extensive experience presenting to technical, commercial and C level executives
- Experience managing complex sales opportunities for managed services
- Team player with strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Strong communication and decision making skills – ability to balance conflicting interests if required
- Knowledge of consultative selling skills and techniques preferred
- Position may require travel to domestic and or global locations
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience designing global managed network solutions
- Subject matter expert in Network Services related technologies and services
- Extensive knowledge of MPLS based Private VPN Solutions including Class of Service working concepts and design
- Understanding of Internet based working concepts such as Routing, Peering and Interconnects
- Experience with Ethernet based Private VPN and VPLS based Solutions
- Experience and strong understanding of Remote Access Solutions and their interworking between Public Internet based Architecture and Private VPN Architectures
- Extensive design experience with CPE Platforms and Suppliers including Cisco, Juniper and Alcatel
- Working knowledge of Application Management platforms like Cisco, Ipanema and Riverbed and their impact on traditional network service design and performance
- Expertise in Access Infrastructure technologies such as TDM, DSL, ADSL, Ethernet and Wi-fi connectivity methods
- An understanding of Local Area Network Architectures including Core, Distribution and Access Structural Design concepts
- An understanding of Routing Protocols and IP Addressing Schemes
- Engineering Degree or Business Degree or any Graduate required or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Power Point, Excel and Word
- Local Candidates Only; No relocation or Visa support