Reliability Engineering Manager
859 Century Rd Ravenswood, WV 26164 US
The Reliability Engineering Manager is the leader of the reliability function and is the single point of accountability for the overall reliability process within the APU.
The reliability team consists of Constellium Reliability Excellence (CoRE), engineering expertise, and craft execution resources with a primary focus of sustaining and improving overall asset availability and capability.
Improved asset availability is critical for the APU teams to achieve their EHS, Quality, Delivery & Cost objectives as they relate to the business plan. Improved asset capability is critical for APU flexibility and business growth.
The primary role of the Reliability Engineering Manager is to ensure asset availability sustains and improves by providing the necessary leadership to manage all reliability engineering aspects of the Casting APU including…
· EHS Leadership
· Constellium Reliability Excellence (CoRE)
· Engineering project work
· Craft resource execution
Capital and expense spending budgets
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS)…
- Lead team to participate in the EHS process with regard to LST’ s, intervention, LOTO, EHS Permit, HIRARC, etc.
- Strive to meet or exceed all EHS KPI’ s
- Participate as a key member of the APU level EHS Lead Team
Constellium Reliability Excellence (CoRE)…
- Reliability Engineering Aspects:
- Set goals and objectives for year over year improvement to target established KPI’ s
- Manage maintenance budget with monthly & annual capital & expense spending to achieve the 5 year plan
- Identify and provide training & development opportunities to improve craft and leadership team members skills and abilities
- Develop and implement the APU Reliability Plan for phased implementation within a strategic A3 context.
- Lead / foster the Reliability Network to coordinate Maintenance, Operations, Engineering, and Procurement resources.
- Ensure team participation within the Document Control context for drawings, PM’ s, internal standards, OEM records, etc.)
- Drive reliability based culture focused on competency within the APU.
- Maintenance Processes
- Ensure the Work Management process of prioritization, planning & scheduling facilitates all maintenance activities within the APU.
- Establish and sustain an optimization process for all Preventive Maintenance activities
- Ensure Predictive Maintenance methodologies are leveraged including vibration monitoring, thermal imaging, nondestructive testing, furnace inspections, etc.
- Develop and deploy a comprehensive Material Management process including critical spares, repair & returns, inventory, kitting, etc.
- Establish and sustain a Precision Maintenance process targeted at lubrication, bolt torque, fan balancing, and alignment needs.
- Maintenance Prevention
- Ensure management of new equipment installations or modifications to existing is within the Equipment / Process Design protocol.
- Ensure the Root Cause Analysis process including first breakdown reports and 8D problem solving is leveraged appropriately.
- Collaborate with Purchasing to ensure request for quote, competitive bidding, adherence to standards, vendor management protocols are adhered to.
- Coordinate outage calendar with supply chain, operations, procurement, vendors, etc.
- Establish and adhere to planned outage timelines
- Allocate internal and external resources to effectively and efficiently complete outage activities
Engineering project work
- Align project criticality with asset & business needs
- Prioritize activities within resource constraints
- Identify external expertise needs (Constellium & contracted)
- Manage project execution process and project backlog
Craft resource execution
- Establish and track KPI performance.
- Ensure alignment of resources (millwright, electrician, CPM) with workload.
- Ensure craft leadership is aligned with APU needs and standards.
- Ensure craft deliverables meet the required standards.
- Four year degree (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred), or
- Two year technical degree with a minimum of 10 years aluminum industry engineering / maintenance experience, or
- Minimum 15 years engineering / maintenance leadership experience
- Has strong engineering & maintenance experience in a heavy industry environment with specific skills as related to mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experienced leading both engineering and craft resources. Supervisory experience a plus.
- Competent with setting and managing a multi-million dollar spending budget.
- Competent with reliability centered maintenance methodologies
- Orientation for project management.
- Aptitude for computer applications (e.g. SAP, CMMS, Microsoft Office, etc.)
Able to communicate tactfully and effectively within and outside of the team.