Regional VP - Central
Elmhurst, IL 60126
The Regional Vice President of Property Operations leads the execution of this company’ s strategy related to property management for their assigned region. This role will direct teams, implement and reinforce policies, programs, and initiatives that achieve budgeted financial results as well as develop and lead programs that promote customer satisfaction, operational excellence, and market growth.
• Assist with formulating the annual goals and business plan in line with this strategic goals. Helps develop budget(s) for their assigned region by analyzing and evaluating financial statements, reconciling monthly statements against approved budget, and working with the Senior Vice President of Property Operations and others to discuss financial resource needs and issues.
• Oversee the operating performance of and compliance with property management procedures and policies by inspecting properties, reviewing financial pricing models and marketing plan(s), conducting operational and financial audits, and enforcing corrective action plans as necessary to achieve stated goals and objectives.
• Supervise the staffing and talent acquisition for the assigned region. Manages team members by assisting in interviewing, hiring, orienting, training team members, and overseeing their performance in accordance with policies, values, and business practices.
• Manage customer satisfaction by maintaining frequent communication, responding quickly and with urgency to questions, requests, and concerns, and seeking and acting on client feedback for improving overall service.
• Remain informed of market and economic conditions within their assigned region. Communicates emerging trends, opportunities, and potential threats. Assist in creating long- and short-term business plans that achieve targeted growth and market presence objectives.
• Lead process improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities for enhancing business performance, and leading specific project teams in developing and implementing new programs, policies, procedures, and practices.
• Follow established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring market staff members comply with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to areas of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
• Practice and reinforce proper safety techniques in accordance with Homes policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
• Identify areas for improvement. Ask for input and offer suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity. Implement programs, projects, and initiatives that drive operational excellence.
• Maintain a current awareness of changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, researching and/or subscribing to online and other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate methods to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to areas of responsibility.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’ s manager at any time based upon Company need.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Real Estate, Property Management or equivalent work experience and/or education
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Minimum 8 years working in real estate, property management or similar role
• Minimum 5 years with progressive leadership responsibilities
• Proven ability to lead teams to achieve organizational goals
• Site-level experience with property management, in order to effectively lead, direct, and supervise property operations, maintenance, resident satisfaction, marketing and sales, and overall portfolio performance.
• Experience with resolving customer issues, complete financial records, increase sales revenues, and coordinate effective advertising campaigns.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Prefer experience with affordable housing programs (i.e. low-income housing tax credit and/or HUD).
• Knowledge of single family residential property management
• Experience using Yardi or similar property management program
• Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
• Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Strategic Vision and Planning – Appropriately aligns business strategy with technology solutions to drive achievement of company goals.
• Commercial Orientation – Knows how the company' s revenue and profit are derived and understands the necessity of achieving these targets.
• Market Knowledge – Knows the basics of the competitive market and the business context; may have some knowledge of competitors.
• Results-Driven – Meets and beats own and departmental goals plus regularly introduces improvements.
• Change Leadership – Challenges the status quo in furtherance of a better way. Builds collaborative support to drive team acceptance of change.
• People Leadership – Motivates, develops, and directs team members to maximize performance.
• Communication, Collaboration and Influence – Team player who effectively influences others to accomplish company goals.
• Business Judgement – Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and selects the most appropriate one.
• Creative Problem Solving – Reframes or restructures problems in a different way to seek innovative solutions.
• Executive Presence – Regularly and confidently shares ideas and information with peers, supervisor and Board. Body language and visual image convey confidence, engagement and composure