Regional Manager - Dallas
Dallas, Texas 75081
This Company is an active investor and operator of single-family rental homes across the United States. We’ ve already invested nearly $1B in over 14, 000 homes and we’ re continuing to acquire more properties every month. At FirstKey, we aim to be best-in-class within our industry by providing high quality homes coupled with an unmatched customer experience for our residents. This role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to grow with a dynamic company as we continue to increase our market size.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Regional Manager is responsible for the daily oversight and coordination of Company operations in the assigned market including acquisitions, renovations, leasing, property management, financial performance and collections. The Regional Manager must facilitate strong working relationships with the local market staff, the national and corporate office staffs, and third party vendors and leasing firms.
- Directly responsible for achieving leasing and occupancy goals in assigned market. Specific leasing responsibilities will include daily interface with local leasing team to monitor available home inventory, traffic, new leases and turnover
- Assist in developing marketing programs for the local market to drive tenant retention and tenant relation programs and assist in setting rent prices for homes.
- Fiscal responsibilities encompass managing the collections process for accounts receivable, reviewing monthly maintenance expenses and taking appropriate steps to reduce maintenance costs, reviewing weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reports and ensuring that all departments are inputting data into Yardi in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee management of local market staff. Provide training, coaching, and constructive feedback in compliance with Company policies to foster growth and increased productivity amongst employees.
- Assist in managing staffing requirements and recruiting efforts for local market in conjunction with Human Resources and third party recruiting firms.
- Oversee the maintenance of all properties, both rented and vacant. Ensure that properties are secured that that move in and move out procedures are being enforced.
- Investigate and resolve tenant complaints and enforce occupancy policies and procedures.
- Maintain monthly and quarterly goals provided by the leadership team.
- Develop and implement operating policies consistent with the Company’ s national policies and objectives to ensure compliance within local market.
- Ensure property files and records are maintained in accordance with Company standards.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’ s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- Managing Broker License preferred
- 5-7 years of asset and operations management experience
- Ability to read and produce reports using Excel and Yardi
- General knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis
- Above average ability to communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working in a cross-functional group, project management, and/or process improvement
- Strong computer skills and expertise with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Yardi is required
- Primarily working indoors, away from the threat of any weather conditions
- May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb up and down stairs multiple times each day
- Must travel throughout applicable market using personal vehicle