Norcross, GA 30071
Director of Operations must have the ability to lead, coach, and mentor our employees. This responsibility requires being hands-on. Visibility on the production floor is a must; assuring safety standers, product quality, and regulatory compliance are met.
Must be able to develop a team atmosphere, and create a safe and calm work environment.
Director of Operations must be able to drive efficiencies, determine goals for each department and capable to measure with clear directions and great communication skills.
Responsibility also includes P&L Accountability, Continues Improvement, and overall day to day administrative and plant responsibility.
This is a hands-on position and requires a large portion of time in the plant as opposed to the office. The successful candidate will provide hands-on leadership, experience and guidance required to provide best-in-class product offerings and driving efficiencies in operations and be recognized in the industry as reliable, stable, and cost effective with growing revenues and profits. The Director of Operations must instill and proactively foster the “ family” mentality among all employees, thereby creating a cohesive and goal oriented team effort. He/she will lead employee development in all areas of operations which elevates each employee to new levels of self confidence and competency in their job responsibilities.
Specific Job Functions:
• Drive high standards in operational efficiency, quality, and accuracy
• Provide overall leadership and direction to Operations management and staff.
• Responsible for implementing and managing strategies to increase efficiency, maintain quality, and ensure continuous improvement.
• Utilize the full capabilities of cost analysis, purchasing, capacity planning, and forecasting.
• Develop and implement tracking programs to monitor goals, progress and provided trend analysis to management
• Monitor operations training programs. Schedule and manage the operations workforce
• Establish and achieve individual and departmental goals and budgets
• Focus on employee development programs
• Involved in production and materials planning.
• Provide failure analysis and corrective actions
• Responsible for ensuring the employees follow GMP and safety guidelines
• Report daily activity results to senior management
• 7 + years experience as an accomplished senior manager in the food manufacturing industry of a cooked and RTE meat product.
• Great management and organizational skills including a track record for attracting the right people and developing a cohesive culture that fosters teamwork and efficiency.
• HACCP Certification knowledge
• A college or university degree is strongly desired or
Equal qualifications thru work history
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong multi-departmental managerial skills
• High standards in food safety, workplace safety, and sanitation
• Training program development and implementation experience
• Strong budget development and management skills
• Logistics experience is highly preferred to lead a growing department