4813 Emporer Blvd Suite 200 Durham, North Carolina 27703
Messaging Support (Helpdesk)
The Messaging Support (Helpdesk) technician role will provide Tier-2 support services for Exchange 2010/2013/Office 365, Exchange messaging support. The Technician will primarily be tasked with resolving incidents for external and internal clients over the phone in a call center environment, and by tickets. Basic troubleshooting for desktop and Microsoft Office and Outlook configuration is required. You must be able to maintain Metric goals, SLA goals, and customer satisfaction goals.
The hours for this shift are 11: 00am - 8: 00pm, Monday through Friday
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support email migrations & profile setups for POP, IMAP, MAPI, RPC/HTTPS email setups including the secure/non-secure ports.
- Assist administrator/End-User with profile set up, and rebuilding profiles using OS X Lion, Outlook 2011, Entourage, Mac Mail, Ipad
- Responsible for calendar issues such as conflict messages, resource rooms, delegates setups
- Browse and create public folders and permission for internal and external emails.
- Vocational diploma/college degree or certifications such as A+ or N+
- 2+ years of related experience
- Experience with IMAP/POP/MAPI/OWA/HTTPS – ports that should be used • BIS, EAS, BES, MDM
- Hardware Experience 2 + years
- Experience with Exchange 2010, 2013 and Office 365
- Experience with basic network troubleshooting
- DNS experience required
- Microsoft certification in Exchange, Windows Server, and/or Active Directory
- Efficient in using and configuring client side components (Outlook, Outlook Express, Mac Mail, Outlook 2011 for Mac, OS X Lion, and Mobile Devices using POP & IMAP)
- Knowledge of Active Directory and its relationship to Exchange, and Directory Sync.
- Understanding of SMTP message flow
- Basic understanding of troubleshooting steps that should take place for connectivity issues relating to email delays, DNS, Inet issues
- Knowledge of Whitelisting, Blacklisting
- Knowledge of the 5 roles of Exchange PowerShell, EMC, Directory Sync, and SharePoint experience is a plus