Application & Services Manager
230 Peachtree St., NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
SUMMARY: The Manager - Applications & Services, will work with customers from all groups and departments. Will work with members of the IT department, and Firm personnel. Will investigate and coordinate the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Assist with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Prepare and maintain operational documentation for system software. Advise on the correct and effective use of system software. Lead on core solutions and service as a primary expert for various systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the application integration staff members, including recruiting, mentoring and monitoring workflow productivity and performance;
- Oversee the project management for application implementation, including reviewing and negotiating contracts, collaborating with vendors regarding the statement of work (SOW), and outsourcing work as needed;
- Review and analyze application system development requests to determine the level of IT support required, assignment of priorities and scheduling;
- Coordinate migrations of old systems, including project planning, leading cross functional teams, and creating a communication plan;
- Monitor and analyze application services issues and resolution status; prepare summary reports to determine high risk areas;
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures to enhance the systems development processes and to provide quality assurance;
- Prepare and present long and short range plans for application software selection, system development and system maintenance;
- Develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change. Applies change control procedures;
- Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for applications support. Manages application enhancements to improve business performance. Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures;
- Ensures system configuration information is complete, current and accurate;
- Ensures that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures. Ensures that documentation of the supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support. Creates and maintains support documentation;
- Carries out agreed upon system software maintenance tasks;
- Liaises with third-party support services;
- Maintains and updates Knowledge Base articles and system documentation whenever required particularly during/after system updates;
- Maintains own knowledge of specific technical expertise provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialized tasks. The specialist can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area;
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Applies techniques to modify demand for a resource or service;
- Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate calmly, effectively & develop positive working relationships;
- Extensive knowledge of Windows & Server components, services, and applications, such as Exchange, Active Directory, IIS, SCCM, GPO, Print Servers, etc.;
- Exposure to Azure and other cloud based technology highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of VMware driven solutions and performing core administrative tasks within various levels of virtualization;
- Adept at storage management, allocation and troubleshooting;
- In-depth experience supporting iManage Document Management Systems;
- Experience supporting IDOL Search;
- Defined aptitude and ability at database technologies such as SQL;
- Proficiency in writing custom PowerShell scripting;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong organizational skills.
- 12+ years of Information Technology experience, with a majority at Manager level
- A BS in the Information Technology or a related field highly desirable, but not required.
- Microsoft, CompTIA, Citrix, VMware, Cisco, and other industry recognized credentials or certifications highly desirable.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Ability to sit at workstation for long periods of time completing testing, documentation, or other assignments.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.