3 second Street Murray, New Jersey 07974
This company is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the financial trading community. With a 100-percent focus on this sector and over 40 years of expertise, This company provides customers with integrated solutions that support traders and participants across the entire trade lifecycle including sell-side and buy-side financial institutions, inter-dealer brokers, liquidity venues, clearing and settlement firms, independent software vendors, corporate finance departments, financial information exchange providers and market data providers. This company offerings include a unified communications / application platform, award-winning hard and soft turrets, managed voice and data network connectivity solutions and dedicated service and support.
This company' s global reach extends to more than 60 countries – including a network of 5, 000 customer sites over 630 cities and an installed base of approximately 118, 000 trading positions deployed worldwide. Headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey, This company has approximately 900 employees located throughout the Americas and the EMEA and Asia-Pacific regions.
The Architecture Group at R&D is seeking a system architect to build innovative solutions for upcoming projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development, will have a passion for technology, be creative and have expertise in the following areas –
- Core Java and J2EE – Enterprise application architectures, web applications, application scaling & clustering, messaging.
- Experience in Policy/Rules engines, RBAC, ABAC, Identify management etc.
- Prior experience with distributed databases and replication (Relational or NOSQL) a plus.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with HTML5 and User Interface development a plus.
- Experience with virtualization and application development/deployment in the cloud a plus.
The position requires a strong background in software development in Java and in a J2EE environment. The functions of the System architect includes interfacing with Product Management to analyze market requirements and come up with solution architectures, often by building proofs of concepts, reference implementations and feasibility studies. The position also requires making architectural presentations to stakeholders, including customers. The candidate should be able to collaborate well with peer architects, the software development and Quality engineering teams and other stakeholders. The system architect should be able to work independently and produce solutions that leverage technology, with focus on cost and time to market.
- Software development experience in a Java/J2EE environment as lead developer or architect.
- End to End product development experience.
- Must have built products, either as lead designer or architect that have been successfully delivered to the field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience with open source frameworks and technologies.
- Experience in the financial industry with focus on compliance a plus.
Bachelor’ s or Master’ s degree in Computer science or a related field