JR Applications Support
230 Peachtree St., NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30303
SUMMARY: The Junior Applications Support will work with customers from all groups and departments. Will work with members of the IT department, and firm personnel. Will provide escalated second level user support by responding to inquiries, troubleshooting and resolving problems for all firm-supported software applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support of all firm-supported software applications including MS Office, Nuance PDF, and document management systems.
- Continually maintains and expands strong working knowledge of current firm-supported and future technologies to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Conducts research, evaluations to provide input on software products as requested.
- Participates in departmental project teams and task forces designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues; assists with various firm and/or departmental projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Provides application support services including problem management for law firm end-users.
- Resolves, monitors and tracks situations and issues to resolution, to the satisfaction of users, requiring accurate problem identification and diagnosis.
- Reviews functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identifies, tests requirements from specifications, maps test case requirements and designs test coverage plan.
- Develops, documents and maintains functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Executes and evaluates manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Holds and facilitates test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identifies any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensures that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolates, replicates, and reports defects and verify defect fixes.
- Assists with maintaining documentation (e.g. knowledgebase) regarding all potential solutions, including workarounds, bugs, patches and permanent solutions.
- Assists with loading data to Legal Technology databases as instructed.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands the Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Advanced MS Word experience required to be considered for this position
- Thorough knowledge of computer software, including but not limited to, the Microsoft Suite of products, graphics, databases, electronic mail, calendaring, document management systems and general office productivity tools in a Windows environment
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required and ability to interact effectively and professionally with all learning styles.
- Extensive knowledge of PC environments and use of software applications in a legal environment required
- Proficiency with " best-of-breed" legal software applications preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of job-related computer software systems, i.e. imaging, database, Web applications, desktop publishing and online Help modules
- Working knowledge of Help Desk software and knowledge base
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications preferred
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- 4+ years of Information Technology experience
- A BS in the Information Technology or a related field highly desirable, but not required.
- Microsoft, CompTIA, Citrix, VMware, Cisco, and other industry recognized credentials or certifications highly desirable, but not required.
- Experience working with legal industry applications on the enterprise administration side, such as iManage or Elite highly desirable, but not required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Ability to sit at workstation for long periods of time completing testing, documentation, or other assignments.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.