JD IT Manager
Los ANgeles, California 90067
SUMMARY: An IT Manager is a visible and critical component of every modern enterprise, and of considerable importance to our IT service delivery.
The IT Manager will work with executives from all departments and directly with the CIO, other members of the IT department, and firm personnel. Successful candidates must be an expert in the current best practices and tools for supporting end-user and enterprise operation systems. The top candidates will be excellent leaders, skilled in clear & calm communication, audit, analysis, assessment, technical writing and solution development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently troubleshoot a broad array of technology issues and problems, from end-user and enterprise system environments.
- Excel at the planning and implementation of industry known best practices.
- Provide technical consultation and support in enterprise systems, ranging from Active Directory, Exchange and SCCM, to virtualization, storage, networking, and server management across all Windows Server variations.
- Work closely with executives, technical staff, and both internal and external auditors.
- Create processes and conduct audits supporting corporate, financial, and regulatory processes in computer and communication hardware, OS software and applications.
- Identify gaps in IT security processes and design and lead initiatives to close gaps.
- Work with all departments to perform security risk assessments and prioritize risk mitigation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Administration and expert level of skill and problem solving in: Exchange, Active Directory, SCCM, Windows Server 2008 R2 onward, SQL, PowerShell VMware vSphere & other VMware branded products, Citrix VDI infrastructure and software, and common end-user software.
- Comfortable with enterprise equipment such as physical servers, switches, routers and other common IT appliances & devices.
- Experience writing clear and concise policies, processes, and training.
- Superb interpersonal skills empowering manager to work with a highly diverse and global staff working in a fast-pace and dynamic environment.
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience, with 5 years in management level & senior technical authority positions.
- A BS or MS in the Information Technology or a related field highly desirable, but not required.
- Microsoft, CompTIA, Citrix, VMware, Cisco, and other industry recognized credentials or certifications highly desirable, but not required.
- Experience working with legal industry applications on the enterprise administration side, such as iManage or Elite highly desirable, but not required.
- Experience developing enterprise technology solutions, such as network design or architecture, remote branch management, and remote site configuration highly desirable, but not required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Ability to sit at workstation for long periods of time completing testing, documentation, or other assignments.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.