230 Peachtree St., NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Manager – Applications & Services, the Technology Trainer will provide core support to the firm’ s general audience of attorneys and staff. The Technology Trainer will be responsible for defining, developing, implementing, managing and coordinating all aspects of end-user applications training for the firm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and create curriculum/training calendar for 350 users, including over 200 attorneys, based in 31 geographically dispersed offices.
- Design, develop, implement and facilitate Instructor Lead Classroom Training, as well as coursework created via Adobe Captivate and virtual training sessions via WebEx.
- Comfortable and adept at supporting at an expert level various learning management system (LMS) platforms, to include LegalMind, Lynda and UniversitySite.
- Responsible for identifying technology and business process education/training needs within the firm and initiating training programs accordingly, with Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in mind.
- Design and maintain programs including, but not limited to, new-hire orientation, continuing education for existing personnel tailored to specific job functions, conducted virtually, one-on-one or in groups.
- Work with administration and practice group leaders and managers as necessary to provide training and support to their departments.
- Consult with attorneys and their clients in providing assistance with development and direction on training needs.
- Drive user adoption of software packages and platforms through a well-defined instructional design methodology.
- Assist the IT Department in planning and carrying out technical projects, including planning, implementing, and assisting in the configuration of software and hardware products.
- Attend various monthly Practice Group meetings to give micro-presentations on various technology topics.
- Provide helpdesk/desktop support service when visiting satellite offices and during large scale training projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum development, electronic and printed training material, expert level at training on software products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of technologies for distance learning, such as video conferencing and web pages.
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate all phases, including initiation, development, implementation and maintenance of complex training programs.
- Demonstrated experience in a law firm setting is highly desired.
- A bachelor' s degree is preferred. Experience may substitute for degree.
- Five or more years of experience in a similar training role within a law firm.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Ability to sit at workstation for long periods of time completing testing, documentation, or other assignments.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.