IT Systems Engineer IV
Lorton, VA 22079
The Systems Engineer IV is responsible for leading systems engineering activities and processes to include: Requirements elicitation and analysis, leading system design activities and reviews, developing technical specifications, driving adherence to the Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies and processes.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM discipline with ten (10) years of relevant experience OR Master’ s degree in Engineering with eight (8) years of relevant experience OR must have a Ph.D. in Engineering with five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Experience with system integration and testing.
- Direct experience with leading systems engineering of complex integrated programs/systems.
- Experience leading technical and functional teams.
- Experience in systems engineering functions, including operations concept development, requirements management, technical risk management, and interface definition and control.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and DevOps.
- Current active Secret clearance.
- Experience managing complex projects using the Atlassian suite of SDLC tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.).
- Proficient in project scheduling and using scheduling tools such as MS Project.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with software development languages, including C, C++, Java, HTML5, or Python.
- Experience with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
- Experience in the architecture development of software-centric systems.
- Experience with Identity management systems and design.
- Experience with configuration management and software configuration management.
- Knowledge of Smart Card Technology and related hardware/software.
- Possess an industry certification in Agile or Scaled Agile Framework.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance.
Travel by car, rail, and/or air may be required domestically and internationally.