IT Systems Administrator IV
Lorton, VA 22079
SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ADMINISTRATOR IV (VA)
The System Software Administrator IV (Senior) may develop, implement, deploy, test, and maintain system software and operating system components as part of an infrastructure. The position may establish and implement standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters. This individual install, troubleshoots and/or resolves functional, software, operating system, and networking problems. Level IV is competent in the subject matter and concepts associated with the suite of software products and may lead individuals assisting in the work.
- Degree Required: Bachelor’ s Degree in a related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in related support roles such as help desk support.
- PKI knowledge and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of networked environments, operating systems (Windows, Linux), PC, and network hardware.
- Knowledge of cryptographic functions and equipment is a plus.
- Existing knowledge or ability to grasp multiple applications and all interdependencies expediently.
- Possess Java knowledge.
- Security+ or CISSP certification.
- Willing to provide “ on-call” after-hour support and off-hour/weekend implementation and recovery support.
- Willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced support role.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be dependable, outgoing, and positive with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on the specified contract(s).
- Able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings, as appropriate.
- DoD Top Secret security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship as required per government contract.