230 Peachtree St., NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30303
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the IT Manager – Enterprise Operations, the IT Support Specialist is tasked with providing Level 2 software and hardware assistance to Firm customers and generalized assistance within the internal IT team itself.
This position will be responsible for a variety of tasks, to include the handling of escalated Level 1 (Help Desk) tickets from inception to successful resolution, computer system support from imaging to final quality control checks, system management to include prepping systems for shipment to other Firm offices, application and hardware level support, credential management, participation in monthly maintenance windows, and various other systems or tasks.
This role will support attorneys, staff, and business partners on Firm computer systems. This involves the handling of multiple priorities, generation of creative solutions to problems, and a demonstration of maturely developed skills required to support the efforts of the Firm' s practice groups and administrative operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a consistent positive attitude and welcoming approach. Greet customers in a friendly manner and enable them to fully describe problems or requests for service, while serving as an active listener.
- Work independently and build positive relationships within the IT team on complex projects as assigned.
- Accept constructive comments and guidance, carrying those ideas forward into positive avenues for customers or areas of further personal growth.
- Provide comprehensive technical support through phone, email, and chat for customers throughout the Firm, in addition to providing local hardware support for the Atlanta office.
- Properly maintain Firm equipment, assets and resources in our IT Asset Management platform.
- Log support issues into our Help Desk ticketing support database and include comprehensive work notes.
- Use judgment, skill, knowledge base (KB) articles, or any resources provided to solve problems, in order to expeditiously and accurately resolve IT issues.
- Resolve as many incidents as possible while meeting monthly metric objectives for calls answered, phone availability, chats answered, chat availability, ticketed calls and chats, customer service index, and unexcused absence and tardiness.
- Install Firm software and be able to demonstrate functional knowledge on how each piece of software works or support resolution pathways.
- Experience, skill and comfort functioning in various enterprise systems, such as Windows Server environments.
- Identify new opportunities for support resolution, cost efficiency or improved end user experience or performance.
- Provide support for annual offsite seminars – familiarity with projectors, A/V requirements and presentation software.
- Availability to travel to other offices across the United States is a requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum six years of experience in the use of computer systems in a corporate professional environment within an IT department. Law firm experience highly preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of current Microsoft operating systems and common business software solutions (Windows 8.1, Server 2012-2016, Office 2013, PDF editing, etc.).
- General proficiency in mobile operating systems, to include troubleshooting customer issues, tasks or responding to questions within both Android and iOS environments.
- Detail oriented and able to communicate to non-technical audiences, while leveraging good oral and written communication skills in documented support systems and with technical individuals (i.e. members of IT, IT consultants, etc.).
- Excellent customer service skills in both verbal and written communications. Continuously calm and collected demeanor in all situations, some of which will present stressful circumstances or customer frustrations.
- Exceptional computer, printer, and device problem solving for various makes and models.
- Understanding and advanced level proficiency within Active Directory, Exchange 2010+, SCCM, Software Center, application & software installation, core business applications (MS Office 2013+, Document Management System (iManage experience preferred), driver management, system support, standard cloud technologies, VMWare vSphere and Citrix XenApp VDI environments, IP phones and general networking fundamentals.
- HDI Analyst Certification required within 12 months of start date.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.