IT EHR Trainer Specialist II - Cerner
San Diego, VA 92134
The Training Specialist II will create, implement, administer, and evaluate training and technical assistance activities for government contracts. The position possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments as related to Electronic Health Record (EHR) training. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. Demonstrate skill in preparing instructional aids and plans and determining training objectives and goals. Formulate training outlines and determine instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individual training, group instruction, over-the-shoulder support and virtual training. Coordinate or perform administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs.
- Degree Requirement: HS Diploma. College degree preferred. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of specialized experience in supporting CIS training, tools, software installs and upgrades; preparing classrooms, facilities, and necessary equipment for classes or supported EHR efforts. Delivering classroom Instructor Led Training (ILT), one-on-one, and Structured On-the-Job Training (SOJT).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans, curricula, and methodologies.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: advanced.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both leadership and customer liaison roles.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English and English medical terminology.
- Cerner certification or experience preferred.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
Some travel may be required. The travel may be local or national and may be by car, rail, or air.