9605 SW Nimbus Ave,, OR 97008
Director, Human Resources – Sales
This Company brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’ s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we
want you to fast-forward your career.
Day 1 benefits for new hires!
Reporting to the Vice President- HR for the Oregon/SWW Region, this role will be responsible for providing human resource service delivery guidance and consultation to the employee population of approximately 450 employees across 6 client groups (Business, Residential Sales & Marketing, HR, External Affairs, Finance and Customer Experience). This position resides in the greater Portland area.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
• Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
• Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them
seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
• Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology,
products and services, especially our digital tools and experience
• Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
• Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
• Drive results and growth
• Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
• Do what' s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
• Develops, implements, and coordinates policies and procedures for the Human Resources
department to establish and maintain an effective department through managing, advising, and
motivating department employees.
• Counsels management and employees on disciplinary actions and performance problems.
• Provides support, direction, and coaching for training and development programs.
• Oversees government, legal, and regulatory requirements and/or complaints in various areas.
• Maintains an efficient recruitment/interviewing function to ensure adequate staffing at all levels.
• Develops Human Resources strategies for business groups that includes workforce planning, pay-for- performance, talent management, talent acquisition, and succession.
• Partners with business leaders to achieve organization and business alignment.
• Leads department personnel, including direct supervision, hiring, training, and performance
• Partners with senior management to develop strategic HR goals, policies, and programs that align
with business initiatives.
• Operates HRIS system(s) to maintain appropriate data integrity.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Ability to function as an internal coach to management peers and others by helping them identify and resolve issues encouraging excellent management practices anticipating internal organization issues proposing solutions and understanding/representing the employee perspective
• Strong leadership skills with an ability to lead by example in terms of creating an exciting
environment for employees and the company to ensure collective success
• Ability to serve as a strategic business partner and advisor to senior executives with a solid track record of achievement in the human resources management function
• Demonstrated ability in leveraging key performance indicators to drive organizational success
• Demonstrated Strategic Planning acumen
• Demonstrated history of successfully managing human resource activities across multiple facilities and across a wide geography
• Demonstrated capabilities in developing and leveraging HR metrics to guide HR effectiveness
• Demonstrated project management and implementation skills
• Demonstrated process improvement skills
• Exceptional verbal written and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• 7- 10 years progressive experience in Human Resources management including experience managing senior HR professionals (Director and above)
• Exceptional business acumen
• Seasoned consultative skills and capability
• Experience in labor relations
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Cable/Telecom industry knowledge preferred
• Bachelor' s Degree or Equivalent
• Generally requires 10+ years related experience