EHR Training Specialist I - Cerner
San Diego, VA 22134 US
The Training Specialist I will implement, administer, and evaluate training and technical assistance activities for assigned contracts. The position possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments as related to Electronic Health Record (EHR) training. May evaluates performance results and recommend changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Degree Requirement: HS Diploma. College degree preferred. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One (1) year of specialized experience in supporting CIS training, tools, software installs and upgrades; preparing classrooms, facilities, and necessary equipment for classes or supported EHR efforts. Delivering classroom Instructor Led Training (ILT), one-on-one, and Structured On-the-Job Training (SOJT).
- Experience training Medical Health System (MHS) personnel on CIS is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Must be capable of providing formal and informal implementation guidance, integration, and change management support tasks (on the job training, formal and informal classroom and over the shoulder training) in a dynamic and interpersonal setting to support functional users (medical and dental providers) requiring assistance in implementing, using, and integrating CIS and it’ s increments into the military medical clinical business process.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: advanced.
- Strong interpersonal skills in customer liaison role.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English and English medical terminology.
- Cerner certification or experience preferred.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
Some travel may be required. The travel may be local or national and may be by car, rail, or air.