Director of Operations
COlumbus, OH 43228 US
The Director of Operations in Columbus, OH facility will oversee
the day-to-day production activities of the company, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively.
This Facility is a “ Ready to Eat” protein processing facility (beef)
currently producing cooked beef products for a major fast food chain.
We are seeking a candidate with the following qualifications:
Strong Business Management Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proven track record of developing and leading a strong and diverse team.
• Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business
• Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
• Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
Industry Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Instrumental knowledge of troubleshooting and implementing improvements in formulations and customer specifications in meat processing, all processing equipment, costing, blending, and packaging.
• Thorough comprehension of USDA regulations and directives.
• Extremely focused on personal and food safety.
• Driven by first time quality.
• Able to support a food safety culture.
Overview of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’ s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
• Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
• Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
• Ensure operational compliance with food safety and quality are met.
• Ensure production is reaching goals set by departmental and company leadership.
• Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives, including responsibility for the facility’ s P&L.
• Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
• Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
• Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
• Coordinates with R&D to deliver production on new product lines.
• Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, hand community.
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate Degree in Business, Finance, or Industry specific field of study.
• Master’ s degree in Business Administration preferred.
• Extensive and diversified background with at least 10+ years of related
• Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, SQF, OSHA, and leadership development.