Database Administrator IV
Seaside, CA 93955
Database Administrator IV applies current technology in providing database design and administration for one or more medium to large-sized databases. Under general guidance, provide business application solutions. Must have a thorough understanding of hardware/software and communication environments such as: client/server technology, host/mainframe technology, IS, and related peripheral equipment. Specifies proper types of files organization, indexing methods, and security procedures. Advises project teams on the design of moderately complex databases (e.g., schema and subschema details). Defines specialized aspects of user' s data base administrator documentation. Performs detailed comparisons of various data base systems. Develops backup and archival policies and procedures. Configures storage systems software to meet requirements. Performs administration tasks (installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching and performance tuning). Implements software solutions for performance enhancement, operator interface, and increased user capability. Mentors and trains other database administration staff.
- Bachelor' s degree. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in database administration
- Database Architecture experience.
- Knowledge of data manipulation languages and the principles of database design
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
Some travel may be required, up to 10% of the time. The travel may be local or national and may be by car, rail, or air.