Corporate Director of HR and Safety
3111 152nd Ave Kenosha, WI 53144
This company is an established family-owned ground beef manufacturing company with over 80 years of industry experience. They deliver ground beef solutions into foodservice and retail market channels. It operates three meat-processing facilities located in the United States.
The Corporate Director of Human Resources and Safety will report directly to President- CEO. Director will help determine and support the goals for each of the facility’ s HR and Safety teams, providing clear direction and great communication skills. The Corporate Director of HR and Safety must have the ability to lead, coach, and mentor in the area of HR and Safety. This responsibility requires being hands-on, with company visibility, open door policy, self-motivated, and ensure good HR practices and safety standards to provide a healthy culture for all. Must be able to be empathetic when needed and firm when necessary.
The successful candidate will provide hands-on leadership, and possess experience and guidance required to provide knowledge, organization, leadership, critical thinking and interpersonal skills. The candidate will have proven experience in both human resources and personal safety; outstanding attention to detail, good listening and verbal skills. Must possess in depth understanding of all federal and state laws that apply to the states we do business in. This position will collaborate with the Executive Committee, operations and all other support departments of the company and be self -motivated.
Specific Job Functions:
- Provide leadership and direction to the company and its management as needed
- Responsible for implementing and managing strategies to increase morale, maintain a healthy culture, and ensure continuous improvement in our policies, procedures and practices
- Utilize all team members
- Help implement tracking programs to monitor goals, progress and provide trend analysis to management
- Assist with employee development programs
- Report daily activity results to senior management
- Event planning and coordinating annual corporate company meetings and holiday parties
- Additional travel required, as needed
- Other HR and Safety related duties to help assist departments, as needed
- 7 + years’ experience as an accomplished senior manager
- Great management and organizational skills including a record of accomplishment for attracting the right people and developing a cohesive culture that fosters teamwork and efficiency.
- A college or university degree is strongly desired or equal qualifications obtained through work history
- Strong multi-departmental managerial skills
- Family values for corporate human resources and workplace safety
- Training program development and implementation experience
- Problem solving skills with the ability to make tough decisions