Pensacola, FL 32501
The Contracts Manager will exercise discretion and independent judgment in the course of managing contracts for all lines of business. Position is responsible for cradle-to-grave contracting and related activities, such as subcontractor procurement, subcontract terms and conditions negotiation, development of subcontractor performance work statements, communications between the company and its customers, communications between the company and its subcontractors, risk assessment, FAR & DFARS clause assessments, and contract document management through utilization of contract management software. Position operates as an agent for change through evaluation and implementation of workable, practical, and sustainable processes that enhance growth and quality results. Work is performed with considerable independence under the general direction of a supervisor, and is reviewed principally by observation of results obtained.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Education Requirement: Bachelor' s degree in related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with federal government contract management.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) & Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- Excellent negotiating skills, perception management skills, and relationship management skills.
- Advanced conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills required, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize often-divergent interests.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with a diverse set of customers, both internal and external.
- Proficient with written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
Travel by car, rail, and/or air may be required, domestically and internationally. The percentage of time traveling will vary widely based on the circumstances.