Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Pensacola, FL 32501
This company is a private, nonprofit organization whose Mission is " Helping People Throughout Life' s Journey." They provide behavioral health service, child protective services and vocational services. In their behavioral health division, they provide caring, compassionate treatment for people with mental health issues, drug and alcohol dependencies, and intellectual disabilities. The breadth and depth of these services are the most comprehensive in the region, serving 30, 000 annually. Doing business as Families First Network, This company has been the lead agency in a network responsible for the safety, stability and well-being of abused, neglected or abandoned children in Florida. Our vocational services affiliate has a long history as one of the largest employers of people with disabilities under the AbilityOne Program. We employ approximately 3, 300 people in 15 states, the District of Columbia and abroad, and have annual operating revenue in excess of $300 million. Every team member, including our administrative and support team members, believes in our mission and comes to work each day to help people.
This executive level position will report directly to the President/CEO serving as an Officer of the corporation. They will be responsible for the oversight of finance and other administrative operations of the organization. Primary duty is to customarily and regularly direct the work of approximately 85 team members. This role is responsible for conducting financial operations in accordance with all federal / state laws and regulations, ensuring team member engagement, supporting growth of the organization, determining appropriate budget requirements and ensuring the accomplishment of such targets. Additional duties include the authority to hire and separate, evaluate staff performance (or whose suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, termination, advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other employees is given particular weight).
This position requires working closely with customers, stakeholders, and internal and external management staff to ensure that services are provided appropriately, timely and in compliance with governing and accrediting agencies, guidelines, regulations and statutes.
Role Requirements (minimum qualifications required for an interview):
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting; five (5) years of professional accounting experience in a complex business environment with a budget greater than $25 million or a CPA or experience in a public accounting firm.
- Ten (10) years of supervisory/management experience in a business setting.
- Extensive knowledge in computerized financial systems and Microsoft office products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Candidates for this position should demonstrate the following leadership traits: integrity, mission-focus, good communicator, respect for others, ability to manage change and setbacks, action-oriented and visionary.
Travel by car, rail and/or air may be required, domestically and internationally. The percentage of time traveling will vary widely based on the circumstances.