Chief Accounting Officer
1850 Parkway Place Marietta, Georgia 30067
This company is an active investor and operator of single-family rental homes across the United States. We’ ve already invested over $1B in approximately 11, 000 homes and we’ re continuing to acquire more properties every month. At this company, we aim to be best-in-class within our industry by providing high quality homes coupled with an unmatched customer experience for our residents. This role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to grow with a dynamic company as we continue to increase our market size.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) will serve as a valued contributor in helping to accurately and effectively prepare, disseminate, and communicate the company’ s financial information to external and internal constituencies. This position represents a key leadership role and the successful candidate will report to the CFO. The CAO will provide leadership in the day-to-day management of corporate accounting, tax and treasury staff members and the Controller.
- Oversee, lead and provide clear direction to the Accounting team ensuring complete, accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end and year-end processes including comprehensive bank and GL account reconciliation and review processes.
- Improve daily / weekly cash management including annual cash forecast projections and budgeting
- Oversee, lead and provide clear direction to senior management to achieve short term and long term strategic objectives related to financial reporting / analysis and cash management.
- Continually review department organization and build team as necessary to support ongoing portfolio growth and ensure optimal efficiency of procedures.
- Design and maintain thorough set of internal controls to mitigate risk, ensure accuracy of the company’ s accounting records and provide assurance for GAAP compliance including related policy/narrative documentation.
- Lead and control all aspects of the annual financial audits and preparation of full financial statements
- Responsible for technical accounting research and preparation of documentation in support of accounting positions taken by the company.
- Support quarterly and annual reporting review and analysis for parent company.
- Oversee Accounting, IT and external consultants to identify, coordinate and implement systems and process improvements with a focus on efficiency, accuracy and customer service.
- Partner with external property tax consultant to refine related processes and ensure proper oversight and visibility to company’ s property tax liability including annual projections and quarterly re-forecasting.
- Experience with closing and recording bulk acquisitions and financing transactions.
- Proactively review trends and metrics to identify operational opportunities and efficiencies as well as administrative cost savings.
- Actively participate in and support the annual budget process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Corporate Accounting experience
- CPA license
- Real Estate experience, preferably residential
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Yardi experience
- Primarily working indoors, office environment
- May sit for several hours at a time
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers