Central Support Manager
3 second Street Jersey CIty, New Jersey 07311
The Manager will provide oversight and guidance to the North America team providing Tier 2 technical support for our Trading Systems product lines. This individual is responsible for ensuring tactical excellence & efficiency, managing technical issues, and making sure employees work as a team and morale stays high. The Manager must be confident, driven, organized, tactical, and able to support the team with all issues.
This position will work closely with other cross-functional teams to ensure consistency in operational processes and policies. In addition, this Manager will partner with Tier 3 support and Engineering on efforts to progress technical issues and minimize the impact these issues have on customers.
In this role, the Manager must maintain a deep technical knowledge of all products and services. In addition to management experience being required for this role, experience in technical positions either with supporting server based products (x86 platforms; Linux/Solaris/Microsoft Operating Systems) or in a role supporting Networking / Telecommunications products (Cisco, PBX, or Telecom Carrier services) is required.
Account-abilities and Specific Duties:
· Provides technical oversight and functional management of the North America team - including prioritization, escalation and resource management oversight.
· Commitment to service excellence – ensuring we exceed our customer SLA’ s - utilizing customer service best practices and constantly driving to improve customer satisfaction
· Escalation management – Ensure that both the Client and Sr. Management are kept up to date on status of outstanding critical service issues as required.
· Ensure constant communication with Service Delivery’ s Field Operations & Management teams – ensuring they are aware of current status on open client issues, product vulnerabilities, and strategic initiatives.
· Play a lead role in the development of Operational Requirements Documents - providing input to Operations Product Management on product & process efficiencies to drive the business forward. In addition, ensuring Central Support participation in ORD reviews and related activities.
· Technical Readiness – Ensure that the North America team is constantly improving their skills – both from a core skills (Server/ Operating System, Networking) perspective as well as product training.
· Lead the creation of installation and troubleshooting documentation when necessary for field operations to drive efficiency and reduce unnecessary issue escalations.
· Flexible schedule is a must – must be willing to handle after hours / weekend escalations and oversight activities (a significant amount of activity occurs after hours due to change windows) and willing to travel on short notice.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a demanding technical and\or operational management role required.
· 7+ years’ experience in technical support roles: supporting server based products (x86 platforms; Linux/Solaris/Microsoft Operating Systems) or in a role supporting Networking (routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers) / Telecommunications products (PBX or Telecom Provider services) required.
· Strong Experience in Trouble shooting and Mentoring technical team members on issues in a variety of product areas:
· Operating Systems - Linux/Solaris/Microsoft
· Databases – MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle
· Networking Technologies: Cisco (CCNA preferred), Cloud, Must have experience with SIP, CCNA preferred
· PBX: Cisco, Avaya, Nortel, etc.
· Ability to capture and decode packet captures (Splunk, Wireshark, etc.)
· Other: VM Ware, CompTIA Network+, Server +
· Experience in the financial services industry, specifically telecommunications and trader voice is preferred.
· Well-organized individual, able to handle manage a team of 2 to 5 people in a multi-tasking, highly demanding environment
· Ability to manage on call schedules, timesheets and vacation calendars
· Experience managing ticket queues, KPI’ s and metrics (ITIL certification and Remedy experience preferred)
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required
· Excellent skills in MS Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word required