230 Peachtree St., NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30303
JOB TITLE: Assistant Controller
SUMMARY: Prepares and analyzes financial results, budgets, and forecasts. Performs client/matter profitability analyses and assists in assessing, setting rates for clients/matters. Performs management accounting duties: Documents accounting processes with recommendation for improvement, assists with system implementation and month-end closing. Performs project management duties related to new and existing offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tracks financial status of the Firm by monitoring key performance indicators (KPI’ s) and variances from Firm budget.
- Provides information for use by Firm’ s Executive management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, and making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations to the Firm’ s CFO.
- Analyzes lateral attorney prospects using due diligence data provided.
- Works to improve financial status of the Firm by analyzing results and variances, identifying trends and recommending actions.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications, streamlining reports and coordinating information requirements within the Accounting Department.
- Assists with the month end financial closing and related reconciliations.
- Reviews existing processes in the financial/accounting area, documents them and makes recommendations regarding steps to be taken to improve/make processes more efficient.
- Performs project management related to opening new offices and relocating existing office locations.
- Filing firm license registrations, renewals and property tax returns.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Assists with calculating the Special Compensation pay rates/amounts each pay period.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- The successful candidate will possess strong business acumen and have a minimum of 10 years of broad based Accounting experience and strong analytical/excel spreadsheet skills. Solid communication skills and professionalism are a must. Position requires the ability to forecast, analyze data, recommend process improvement and participate in financial planning and accomplishment of the Firm’ s overall financial strategy.
- Strong Excel Skills
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting required.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with a strong command of the English language so that effective working relationships are established with various levels of personnel throughout the Firm.
- Must exhibit a high level of customer service and show support for the Firm' s beliefs and values as they relate to customer service.