New York, NY 10012
The Analytics Architect will play an essential role in a major technology transformation. This person will provide enterprise wide leadership to design future state Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions based on the business need of the company. Reporting to the Chief Architect, this person will work closely with the Analytics team, portfolio office and business leaders at various levels. The Analytics Architect will have deep involvement in the design and development of Enterprise Data Lake and Self-Service / Visual Data Discovery platforms.
- Provide architectural leadership on the design and development of enterprise data lake, adoption of open source data integration tools, selection of packaged and SaaS data integration components, and integration of applications with other systems across the enterprise.
- Align analytics architecture to the business needs by working closely with the business leaders, program leads and portfolio management office.
- Build and maintain the current state and future state business intelligence and analytics architecture views for the enterprise.
- Collaborate with enterprise data architect and other portfolio/program architects across the organization to make sure analytics domain architecture align closely with the portfolio/enterprise level architecture.
- Develop conceptual architecture diagrams, data/process flow diagrams; evaluate/select tools and technologies that align with enterprise architecture guidelines.
- Champion best practices on enterprise data management, data integration, dimensional data modeling and visual analytics/self-service data discovery throughout the organization.
- Establish standards around development analytics technology stack, including languages, frameworks, data storage, and design patterns.
- Drive exemplars, proofs-of-concept or pilots related to BI & Analytics that leverage our technology stack and establish the path for other similar projects.
- Participate on the architecture council to provide governance and build processes to guide and sanction critical architectural decisions related to analytics, enterprise data processing and management.
- Monitor market/technology trends along with vendor strategies and determine potential impact to our businesses and systems.
- Develop, document, and present recommendation proposals, including selection criteria, evaluation, analysis of options, tradeoffs, justifications, and final selections.
- Take an active and insightful role in group discussions at various levels. Simplify and explain complex concepts to any levels. (e.g. technical experts, senior management, business community etc)
- Lead design sessions and conduct code reviews.
- 10+ years of experience in the field of enterprise data management, integration and analytics. Ideal candidate possesses 5+ years of experience in solutions/domain architecture related to business intelligence and analytics utilizing emerging technologies.
- Strong business acumen and drive to solve complex business problems using emerging and established technologies in a data driven organization.
- Extensive architectural level experience in traditional data warehousing (EDW, ODS, ETL/ELT) as well as emerging big data technologies such as Hadoop, logical data warehouses, cloud based data warehouses with special focus on Amazon Web Services (S3, Redshift, EMR, Sqoop, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Data Pipeline, Spark).
- Successful track record of architecting elegant and efficient business intelligence solutions which have had a direct positive impact on desired business outcomes.
- Exposures to end-to-end BI & Analytics life cycle (requirement gathering, business/data analysis, solution architecture and development, data modeling, data engineering and data visualizations).
- Demonstrated expertize in designing and implementing enterprise wide visual data exploration & discovery platforms such as Tableau.
- Experience with services-oriented architecture and supporting technologies, defining services, establishing the service usage patterns within the enterprise including orchestration, composition, messaging patterns.
- Strong data engineering and visual analytics background. Prior experience with traditional BI technologies such as MicroStrategy, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence suite (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Sharepoint), Informatica, etc.
- Experience in agile software development methods, specifically providing architecture leadership as part of an agile organization.
- Experience in education, publishing, and/or digital media is highly preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be distinguished not only by mastery of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing disciplines, but also by a passionate commitment to end user satisfaction.
- Demonstrated expertise in building and managing relationships with business users, project/program management, senior management, business partners, vendors, and consultants.
- BA or BS in a computer science or related discipline, advanced degree in computer science, information management, analytics or related disciplines strongly preferred.