Accounts Payable Supervisor
1850 Parkway Place Marietta, GA 30067
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor will lead a team of Accounts Receivable Associates to perform designated functions designed to ensure that receives rent payments. The supervisor will ensure that payments are properly processed, recorded and ensure that discrepancies are resolved according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner.
- Train, develop and manage Accounts Receivable Team Members. Provide motivation and consistent accountability to each team member.
- Collaborate with other supervisors to ensure timeliness and accuracy of Accounts Receivable related postings and other activity.
- Run and publish daily, weekly, and monthly metrics that provide accountability and improvement opportunities within the team.
- Provide team leadership in the investigation and resolution of discrepancies.
- Provide assistance and customer service to other employees.
- Review processes and, under the direction of the Shared Services Manager, drive changes that lead to efficiency and best practices within the AR functions.
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Monitor aged receivables report and initiate corrections as needed.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’ s manager at any time based upon company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent work experience and/or education
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Accounts Receivable or other high-volume transaction processing
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience leading teams to achieve departmental goals
- Proven ability to lead large teams of 6 or more employees
- Experience using Yardi or similar property management program
- Experience working in property management, real estate or similar industry
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management — Managing one' s own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.