Accounts Payable Manager
1850 Parkway Place Marietta, GA 30067
The Accounts Payable Manager will oversee the Accounts Payable staff and ensure the timely payment of invoices received using the Yardi system. This role will ensure efficiency and effectiveness of processing payments and reinforce adherence to policies and procedures.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience using Yardi, PayScan or similar electronic payment system
- Concur Experience a plus
- Experience working in property management, real estate or similar industry
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time Management — Managing one' s own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Promote an environment that is customer service focused by maintaining positive relationships with internal departments and vendors.
- Create and enable a results-driven and continuous improvement culture.
- Drive leadership from within the team to improve the efficiency of the accounts payable function with prioritization of departmental timelines and duties.
- Develop and maintain KPI’ s and metrics related to the Accounts Payable process.
- Manage the monthly closing of Accounts Payable Processes. Take a hands-on approach when needed.
- Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
- Ensure that 1099 filings are completed as required.
- Manage vendor relationships and recommend improvement billing practices for appropriate vendors.
- Assist with systems implementations related to Accounts Payable processes.
- Assist Shared Services Manager with special projects as requested.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’ s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent work experience and/or education
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Minimum 5 years of accounts payable experience or similar work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading supervisors and teams to achieve departmental goals
- Proven ability to lead large teams of 6 or more employees