Provide 2nd level technical support for advanced server based telecommunications products in a fast paced demanding environment servicing the financial community. This individual will have knowledge in installation and troubleshooting of IT server based technologies, databases and operating systems, as well as knowledge of telecommunications and networks. Must be able to work nights & weekends as required.
· Work with customers and other personnel to support and troubleshoot installations/service issues for the entire product line.
· Assist Tier-1 UCS Engineers, field technicians and distributors remotely with technical issues raised through installation and/or service issues.
· Work with Tier-3 and Tier-4 Engineering to identify bugs, investigate reported issues, perform triage, and work towards the ultimate resolution of the identified issue.
o Triage new concerns raised in a timely manner.
o Ensure that all relevant information has been collected and correlated and analyze this data where applicable.
o When possible, reproduce the fault in the lab and establish protocols for active monitoring of troubled sites.
o Present results to development team so that changes can be implemented to resolve the concern.
· Support and coordinate Alpha and Beta releases of products.
· Work with Sales and Sales Engineering on special applications to meet customer requirements
· Provide training to Technicians, Sales, Sales Support and other departments, when necessary.
· Create installation and troubleshooting documentation, when necessary
· Ability and willingness to travel on short notice
· Willing to work alternate shifts, nights and weekends as required.
· Six years’ experience in a telecom support environment
· Working knowledge with PBX, Media gateways/Routers and on E1/T1/Qsig, PSTN
· Red Hat Linux System Administrator experience required
· Background in SQL server or MySQL. Certification preferred
· VMWare expertise preferred
· 3 years’ experience with SIP and SIP analysis using WireShark is required
· Experience with Voice Recording a plus
· Logging systems (i.e. Syslog, Windows Event Log, Splunk)
· Experience in remote support of applications and embedded devices through secure remote VPN solution.
· Familiarity with Systems Development Life Cycle and deploying applications
· Well-organized individual able to self-prioritize in a multi-tasking environment.
· Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting
· Master’ s degree preferred, Bachelor’ s degree required.
· Cisco CCNP or CCNA certification required