Sr Program Manager
Jersey CIty, New Jersey
This company is in the beginning stages of an exciting growth and transformation program that will fundamentally build sustainable value for our customers and strengthen the company’ s reputation as a leader in the global marketplace. We are looking for a Sr Project Manager who is interested in working with a cross departmental team to help build world class products, services and applications and execute on product strategy for growth and transformation. The Sr Project Manager’ s focus is on establishing and ensuring smooth program execution. The Sr Program Manager is responsible for helping the product management team drive specific product initiatives – utilizing their project management experience and associated methodologies, tools and processes. He/She is also responsible for understanding, managing, and maintaining the dependencies amongst the product initiatives, as well as forecasting and tracking resource requirements and schedule adherence. He/She will work closely with the cross-functional product team to deliver on the product plans and associated business metrics.
High-level responsibilities include: Partnering with the VP of product management in driving the strategic product initiatives, Managing and coordinating project activities and schedules for the projects; Engaging business owners/stakeholders/technical support as needed; Creating and maintaining project plans and project activities; Coordinating interrelated operational tasks required to support the project plans; Identifying and tracking issues and risks, working with the stakeholders to define mitigation plans and engaging in escalations as necessary; Monitoring milestones and communicating progress, Providing necessary data and reporting to support program analytics. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Develop in-depth understanding of business priorities, product strategy and direction.
- Elicit from teams the factual (performance) data and qualitative opinion on project progress. Track and report status.
- Maintain awareness of the interdependencies between strategic initiatives and be capable of assessing the implications of any changes, delays, or shifts in priority.
- Manage the project budget, milestones, resource planning, and tracking – across all initiatives.
- Ensure effective and efficient information flows between stakeholders and active project participants
- Work independently with guidance about overall goals and objectives.
- Independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate best practices into future projects and initiatives.
- Establish the program initiatives with the necessary collateral – leveraging existing documentation, workflows and processes or improving them as necessary.
- Drive initiative meetings and status updates with the cross-functional teams on a weekly basis or as necessary. Work with the initiative lead to schedule meetings and set the meeting agenda as necessary.
- Act as a proxy as necessary for the initiative lead in various meetings – including executive updates
- Identify, highlight and track project risks and associated mitigation strategies
- Assist the initiative lead as necessary including preparation for executive updates.
- Act as a liaison to the Results Delivery Office.
- Adapt communication techniques for audiences at all levels.
- Delegate clearly and comfortably.
- Escalate issues to appropriate personnel and upper management, as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES
- Must embrace and exemplify the core vision and values of IPC.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in senior program management, preferably within financial services.
- Leadership experience within the Program Office of a major corporate change program
- Bachelor degree in related discipline with project management training and/or certifications.
- Experience identifying needs and developing business processes to streamline workflows
- Strong skills in planning, resource management, risk mitigation, and project management principles.
- Defining reporting standards and data collection mechanisms. This will include maintaining the history of reporting for trend analysis.
- A reputation for delivery that reinforces the sense of urgency that must be conveyed.
- Be personally disciplined to maintain absolute commitment and consistency in tracking and reporting, and have the authoritative presence to hold the initiative leaders to the same high standards.
- A background of fostering external relationships to ensure willing interaction with a Program Office. Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations.
- Strong data and analytical skills, as well as an eye to identify automation opportunities and enhancements in order to improve processes.
- Sophisticated understanding of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio and DB analysis, is a preferred skill for this position. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to accomplish work assignments. High interest and comfort in working with global teams across multiple regions.
- Ability to identify business opportunities during normal course of business.