Sr Product Manager, Cloud and Hosting
Jersey CIty, New Jersey
This company is a leading provider of financial trading unified communications solutions to the world’ s largest financial services firms and global enterprises. With over 40 years of expertise and product innovation, this company provides its customers with global systems and solutions, as well as a suite of products and enhanced services that includes advanced Voice-over-IP technology and an integrated network with 24x7x365 management services for more than 40 countries. Based in Jersey City, N.J., this company has approximately 1, 000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager who is interested in working with a cross departmental team to help build world class products, services and applications using current and emerging technologies. As a Sr. Product Manager you will be responsible for lifecycle management of new and existing products and services within the Trading Communications Solutions (TCS) division, focused on Cloud and Hosted services. You will work closely with Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and developers directly to gather requirements, define product strategy, execute, launch and drive adoption of your products. You have extensive experience in partner/vendor management and have demonstrated an ability to manage those relationships. You will work with a great group of talented engineers and fellow product managers and will have the opportunity to interact with and influence cross-functional teams. You should have a strong understanding of Cloud-based services including a deep understanding of Unified Communications as an enabling technology as well as the ability to conceive and evangelize technology driven solutions across multiple organizations. Primary focus is on UCaaS including knowledge of VoIP / SIP technology but also requires layer 2 (Ethernet), IP/MPLS and security services.
Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and launch new hosted and cloud services based on this companies existing product offering.
- Identify product features, functionality and SLA’ s related to customer requirements and fully document requirements including customer experience.
- Research and respond to industry trends within financial services, specifically communications requirements associated with financial trading floors and market data communications for trading applications
- Define market requirements for feature, functionality and customer experience including market validation
- Engage with cross-functional teams to develop, test and launch new features and products
- Manage the product portfolio as a P&L owner
- Identify and measure key performance metrics and drive the vision set forth by the VP of product management
- Develop and implement go-to market strategies that will ensure forecasted product revenues and margins are achieved
- Develop sales and marketing collateral in conjunction with the marketing team to enable sales
Superior Performance Requirements: Key elements to be successful in this position
- Achieve product revenue and contribution margin targets
- Develop, implement and launch new bundle/services based on existing product features
- Develop compelling sales and marketing collateral in conjunction with the marketing team
- Track financial performance of the product portfolio and market share and develop strategies and tactics to continuously improve. Present updates to the senior executive team including CEO.
- Ability to create business cases for products and product categories
- Ability to create forecasts, financial models and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to drive the product lifecycle from ideation to launch and post-launch evaluation (through Introduction stage)
- Strong grasp of design and user experience
- Outstanding documentation and project management skills
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Ability to flourish in a highly matrixed global, cross-functional environment
- Ability to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize your own work while meeting the needs of your customers
- Ability to translate technical concepts into understandable customer-friendly language
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Team player who always puts the needs of the business first.
- Customer focused and bias towards the customer
- Strong sense of ownership and follow-up
- Self-starter and proactive
- Sense of urgency when appropriate
- Problem solver
- Ambition to play a larger role in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead people
- High energy
Required Work Experience:
- 5+ years’ product management experience with creating, launching and managing hosted or cloud services
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering, IT/Computer Sciences or Business, MBA a plus
- Experience in marketing, product management or product development/architecture departments
- In-depth understanding of operational and infrastructure requirements for a cloud or hosted service
- Understanding of regulatory issues related to financial services a plus