Jersey CIty, New Jersey
This company is a global provider of mission-critical network services and trading communication technology to the financial markets community. With complete focus on this sector and over 40 years of expertise, This company provides customers with integrated solutions that support traders and participants across the entire trade lifecycle, including sell-side and buy-side financial institutions, inter-dealer brokers, liquidity venues, clearing and settlement firms, independent software vendors, corporate finance departments, financial information exchange providers and market data providers. This companies’ offerings include a unified communications/application platform, award-winning trading positions, managed voice and data connectivity solutions, compliance technologies, infrastructure management and a suite of enhanced service offerings.
This global reach extends to more than 60 countries – including a network of 5, 000 customer sites over 700 cities and an installed base of approximately 120, 000 trading positions deployed worldwide. Headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey, this company has over 900 employees located throughout the Americas and the EMEA and Asia-Pacific regions. This companies’ mission is to continually innovate to support collaboration across the global financial community and address our clients’ needs in an ever-changing landscape.
The Solutions Architect is an important member of the OMS Managed Services organization. This is a key project and customer facing role, responsible for delivering complete technical solutions for the customer by leveraging a systematic process of requirements gathering, mapping business requirements to technical requirements and ultimately the overall design of the customer solution. The Solution Architect works with other roles (Project Managers, Business Analysts), with product management, engineering, sales and account management in ensuring customer success.
The Solutions Architect leads initiatives for the development of new and sufficiently complex components within the domain areas of information, applications, and technology, in order to meet business objectives. The Architect will participate in business and functional requirements sessions to establish the architectural direction for critical initiatives and resolve complex technical problems by developing new tools or techniques; facilitate and manage the implementation of a significant and complex architectural initiatives in cooperation with other technical members of the organization and Clients; assess and approve 3rd party and internally developed components to achieve interoperability and to meet long term business goals; and evaluate vendor products, conduct proof of concepts and build proto-types, as and if required by customer requirements.
- Participate as a trusted expert in pre-sales and implementation of the solution
- Lead solution design and architecture as a key member of the Managed Services project team
- Effectively communicate design and architecture to customer and project team members
- Work closely with Engineers and third party resources for all technical decisions related to the solution
- Works closely with Product Management, Engineers and Business Analysts in capturing, defining requirements, and Designing the Service Architect
- Balance customer requirements with supportability of design and solution. Ability to work with the customer and other teams to come up with designs that will meet customer needs but also allows for supportability and functionality
- Supports implementation effort estimation working closely with PM, Engineers and Finance
- Supports project team through design and continues to support and provide oversight throughout the lifecycle of the project as necessary
- Contributor to requirements and design output – responsible for overall systems architecture, technical requirements and technical design content (working closely with engineering SME’ s)
- Work with Product Management to consider roadmap functionality as part of the design
Desired Skills and Experience
Preferred Skills/Experience: Ideal candidate must be, self-motivated with a firm knowledge of the technologies, financial enterprise environments and comfortable in the dynamic fast paced environment. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to support and provide input to the design and implementation of project schedules, and is able to handle multiple priorities.
- Must Deliver extraordinary customer relationships
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
- Strong background of career and professional achievement, creative and out-of-box thinking
- A natural self-starter, motivated and passionate about technology and customer success
- Comfortable being hands-on
- Ability to articulate ideas in writing & via PowerPoint
- Strong process thinking and ability to synthesize thoughts into a presentable manner
- Ability to be hands-on but yet comfortable leading technology solutioning effort
- Experience and comfortable working with global project teams
- Experience with Voice Recording, Trader Voice, and Trading Solutions
- Experience architecting complex solutions involving an expensive product catalog
- Experience with enterprise integration and best practices.
- Experience scaling complex solutions
- Experience preparing OLA’ s & SLA’ s
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Open to domestic and international travel (up to 10%)
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs and best practices
- Knowledge in systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering solutions that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in engineering of managed services