Service Incident Manager (NOC)
As a world leading mobile telecoms company, we deliver innovative products and services to customers in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the United States. In fact, we have a presence in 100 countries and counting. Right now, we’ re looking for people to join one of our fastest growing business units.
This is your chance to join a truly international team. You’ ll broaden your exposure and gain insights from a wide range of perspectives. Equally important, you’ ll also have the chance to build yourself a successful, long-term career.
As a member of the Incident Management Team you will work within an ITIL based Incident Management framework to coordinate and drive resource in order to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible minimizing the disruption to customers businesses.
Using various tools you will continually identify and drive improvement across the business in order to achieve the best possible levels of service quality and availability whilst developing best practice. You will also use various tools and methodologies to eradicate the root cause of Incidents and other factors contributing to customer dissatisfaction.
The successful candidate will be expected to work rolling shift pattern with on call activities covering full 24x7.
Key responsibilities and decision ownership
· Escalated incident management.
· Swat / Major / multiple incident management.
· Incident progress & resolution communications. - Internal & external progress bulletins. - Flash reports.
· On call duty for out of hours incident management covering all Vodafone customers.
· Service incident reporting. - Incident progress & reason for outage/root cause if available. - Improvement action assignment & tracking.
· Incident management team mailbox monitoring & processing.
· Interface relationship management.
· Ad-hoc project ownership / input where incident management required.
· Monitoring the effectiveness of the incident management process and making recommendations for improvement.
· Driving/contributing to technical investigation.
· Development of workarounds/process enhancements.
· Creating customer and business reports.
· Drive restored incidents to problem management to eradicate potential repeats
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
· 5 years technical / NOC experience dealing with fast paced incident resolution
· Proven understanding of telecommunications/information technology solutions.
· Customer service experience.
· Project Management / coordination experience.
· Incident Management experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent command & control skills.
· Ability to work across Global support infrastructures / cultures / time zones
Degree or equivalent years of experience
ITiL v3 foundation