SR Account Executive
New York, New York
This Company is a global provider of mission-critical network services and trading communication technology to the financial markets community. With complete focus on this sector and over 40 years of expertise, This company provides customers with integrated solutions that support traders and participants across the entire trade lifecycle, including sell-side and buy-side financial institutions, inter-dealer brokers, liquidity venues, clearing and settlement firms, independent software vendors, corporate finance departments, financial information exchange providers and market data providers.This company' s offerings include a unified communications/application platform, award-winning trading positions, managed voice and data connectivity solutions, compliance technologies, infrastructure management and a suite of enhanced service offerings.
This company' s global reach extends to more than 60 countries – including a network of 5, 000 customer sites over 700 cities and an installed base of approximately 120, 000 trading positions deployed worldwide. Headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey, THis compnay has over 900 employees located throughout the Americas and the EMEA and Asia-Pacific regions. This company' s mission is to continually innovate to support collaboration across the global financial community and address our clients’ needs in an ever-changing landscape.
The Candidate must be energetic, self-motivated and have proven experience in a direct sales role with a verifiable and successful track record of new business sales. The candidate must be able to demonstrate their ability to identify, qualify and generate new business, in a professional and organized way and demonstrate a history of account/revenue development. The qualified candidate will ideally have 5- years plus of solid, Financial Industry sales experience in the telecommunication / market data / electronic trading arena. Professional communication skills both oral and written to board level are a must. You must also be able to work as an individual contributor within a fast paced, sales team environment with target and revenue deadlines. A track record of success and recent experience is essential as is the ability to work within a wider team environment encompassing product development, marketing and operations as required. A college degree is preferred.
- A proven track record of success within high tech solutions sales.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and writing skills
- Must be an effective networker.
- Minimum of 7 years Financial Industry / Market Data sales experience.
- Thorough understanding of market data / electronic trading industry and technology
- Sell suite of Data Services into the existing customer base
- Develop new accounts/markets
- Develop go-to-market strategies
- Develop strategic business relationships within customer accounts
- Build pipeline opportunities
- Manage and retain existing revenue
- Provide management reporting as required
- Play a key role in the development of the Market Data services portfolio
- Increase market awareness
- Establish the company as a significant data provider within the Financial market place
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales and business targets through Data Sales (Connexus, DirectConnect and Managed VPN).
- Generate new revenue through closing sales to existing/new business customers.
- Work with the Sales Team to assist with training
- Provide, acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, & competitors
- Develop and manage sales funnel and be familiar with Salesforce.com
- Analyze and manage pipeline activity and monitor sales activity.
- Maintain contact with the customer, resolve problems, and seek additional opportunities
- Create and maintain accurate account plans and reviews with management
- Establish new business contacts through a variety of networking as a point of lead generation.
- Attend local networking events to assist in new sales lead generation.
- Responsible for cold calling customer/prospects, appointment setting and opportunity tracking.
- Establish new business contacts through a variety of networking as a point of lead generation
- Detailed Description